Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Purple Hyacinth

Budding
Purple hyacinth is budding in my yard finally. It fought against the last snow fall in late April, and blooms even before the tulips. If I remember correctly, the hyacinth often comes after the tulips had their show!



Blooms
I love the smell of hyacinth! It's just heavenly and intoxicating. I cut a couple of these beauties and brought them in the house. The perfume from these hyacinth beats even the most expensive spray out there in the market.

Joining Weekend Flowers and Today Flowers

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the fragrance of the purple hyacinth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the fragrance of the hyacinth!!! I have some grape hyacinths beside me now, and their scent is more delicate, but just as lovely!
    What a magnificent image of the hyacinth in bud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, beautiful color! gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyacinths bloom before tulips and are not long lasting. The grape hyacinth however (Muscari) flowers at the same time and is often used for underplanting tulip beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. I love the aroma of hyacinths! This purple is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mumsy...When I saw your post, I immediately thought about the aroma they give off. Heavenly. Am so glad your plants survived all the snow and cold weather. I lost some favorites and it is so sad. Hope you have a nice week. genie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely color and I wish we could enjoy their scent, it must be wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful blooms, and wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover