Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Are You a Scanner?

Not too many people will admit this, but when they see a post with so many words, they will automatically become a "scanner". I am not different! I even scan through post with too many photos.

However, there are blogs that I love to read, and I don't mind reading, especially when the post incorporates a personal story, a touch of real life experience, a recall of memory, humorous, and inspiring.

We have so little time nowadays, and try to squeeze in as many things as we can. Sitting in front of the computer takes a big junk out of this limited time already, while we muti-task at the same moment.

It's hard to find balance, and I am still trying to figure this out myself. One way I came up with is when I visit a blog, I made sure I have ample of time, pay close attention to the post and make appropriate comment.

I don't want to be a "scanner", thus if I am slow in visiting your blog, it only means I will later when I have lots of time to pay proper attention :-)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

  1. I usually really try to read the first few paragraphs, and the post will determine whether i will be scanning or reading intently. there are times wherein after reading 3 or 4 paragraphs, i still could not relate, if that happens, i don't even force myself to comment because i am at a loss what to say. however, if what is written hooks me, i read from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. Some people make the post too long. Infact, I am trying to make mine short and sweet.
    Enjoy the time away.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mumsy, sometimes life squeezes so much from us that there is no time to do anything justice. Lately my hours at work have increased so much that I nearly fall into bed when I get home. I manage to get online for a few minutes here and there, then other things compete for those minutes. Last night I never got my coat off when I arrived home after working 4 extra hours as I had a sick grandchild who needed to be taken to ER. Thankfully she is much better tonight. Yes, I confess I am a scanner, but not always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. It is about the personal contact. If the post is interesting enough, I think it will capture my attention, but then again, it takes so much time that is when I get behind on my other duties.
    Answer to your question: yes, indeed. I think we all have to at some points.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover