Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

E Is For Empathy

Due to the tragic of what happened last week at Sandy Hook Elementary, I found myself at a lost for reasoning. I tried to stay away from television, and reading the news online as they tend to make matter worst.

I gather just enough general information, and think about the parents of these children. I don't want to know much about the killer or why he did what he did at a time like this.


It seems to me that if someone wanted to go down in history, have books written about them, or movie made about them; then all they have to do is something horrific. I may be wrong, but studies will be conducted in their honor as we know it.

I don't ask God why he lets this happened, as it is the evil action of men, not of God. I don't think much or feel much for these 26 souls in the shooting. (Wait, don't curse just yet!) To me, they are at peace now, and they are in a better place than the living. They went quickly, and they didn't suffer long.

However, the parents and families of these victims are now in limbo. They will endure fear, nightmare, longing, and emotional turmoil for the rest of their lives. The "should have, would have" alone will eat them up inside.

Can you imagine some parents might even have to send their other children back to the same school and have to relive this ordeal each day? I wouldn't know what to do if I was in this situation. Thus, my empathy is for the living, for they have to carry on even if they don't feel like it.

For the victims of this unthinkable act, as we lay them to rest, I pray that their eternal lives are glorious!

Explore Alphabe-Thursday with me!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

10 comments:

  1. Nothing can be done untill they get those artillary guns banded and collected. That law has to be passed. Who the hell needs an assault gun anyway. I have a Sat nite special. That's enough. What's next?? a missile launch in my neighbors lawn? Be well and safe. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...It is so terrible. One person took away so many lives. I am not sure what in this case should be done with the killer, between religion beliefs and his psycho problems.
    So doing away with guns would prevent horrific events happening? Or will it cause a uproar with criminals and bad apples that tend to be power hungry? They will always find some means to achieve what they are after. The weak will be weaker. Don't mean to get into a discussion here, just a wandering thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even fathom what these families are going through. It would be life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so unthinkable and horrifying....still can't grasp it all. Just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful tribute post to the families of this tragic and useless killings ~

    (A Creative Harbor ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I, too, feel for the families left behind - the living. How their hearts must ache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to imagine the grief of those families. Such a tragedy.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, it's hard to imagine what the families are going through. {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Empathy.

    What a powerful word.

    I, too, stay away from the media. I am unwilling to let the craziness have attention. I focus on prayers for the survivors.

    This tragedy is still felt so strongly. The more the media talks about it, though, the more I fear it will repeat itself quite soon.

    Thanks for sharing your heart here.

    Sending you warm wishes for a New Year filled with more joy and less sadness!

    Hugs and A+

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is something we will never be able to wrap our minds around!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover