Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

X Is For Xanthisma (Sleepy Daisy)

Sleepy Daisy

If you search for flowers that begin with the letter X, you will come to see Xanthisma, sleepy daisy, and Xylobium, orchids, but I already had O Is For Orchids before! Thus, I am going to feature Xanthisma, commonly known as Sleepy Daisy.

Yellow Daisy 
According to bits and pieces that I've read from various websites, this is the beautiful yellow Xanthisma, the sleepy daisy. The name fitted this flower that I had in my garden at the moment from my wildflower box mixed that I bought in the summer.

Macro Of Sleepy Daisy
I am not positive on the identification of this flower, but the information description was very close to it. If you know the name of this flower, feel free to correct me, and put me straight :-)

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

Listed in Alphabe-Flowers Series!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

20 comments:

  1. The statement you never get to old to learn, proved out today. I never heard of this type plant or that name. Most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very sunny and pretty. I would love to waken to this flower - not sleep. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is beautiful, glad you were able to find a flower that starts with X, hard to always remember the scientific name

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely colors, looks like fall. Thanks for stopping by today.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo sorry Miss Mumsy! I meant to put the W post up today. Do you want to link your W flower instead.

    My apologies. I was trying to be TOO organized and then I messed myself up.

    I can change the link if you want to send me the W one. Or you can just put up a second link.

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been a fan of any kind of daisy. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what it is, but I do know it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colored center. What a pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...and next week you can post your W flower...silly Mrs. Jenny doesn't know her ABCs! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely yellow daisy. Visiting from alpha thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picture, I also like your banner.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting flower and name! Love the pictures, too! Joining you in today's Alphabe-Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures, I love their cheeriness. Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog recently.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are beautiful. I love yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds about right the name for this flower, don't know if it's true but looks wonderful.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great color for a flower! I think a wildflower collection would be perfect for me; I can never remember the names of flowers! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicely done, Mumsy. I'll miss dropping by each week to see what you have in store for us, but life calls to me as you'll see if you stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're kidding...what a name. it hardly look sleepy, just very vibrant and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful daisy! I wonder if it opens and then closes its petals at night, when it is sleepy?

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I am visiting our daughter, son in law and little grand baby, so only now catching up a bit with blog visits from last week!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover