Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

M Is For Marigold

Skipper On Marigold
Marigold is one of the easiest flowers to grow, tolerant in the heat, and dry soil. Though vibrant in colors and pretty, marigold has no sweet flower smell. I was told that these flowers will deter critters away, but that's not true either. Squirrels have no preferences and still dug up anything when they are hungry.

Deep Orange Marigold
I bought only one plant of marigold a few years ago, but it now has multiplied into the entire little area of my flower bed. I have dug out at least 10 of them and transferred them into my front yard to see if I can keep wild cats away from depositing their droppings.

One Pretty Marigold
I love these colors combination, deep orange with yellow trim on its petals. You know, for some reasons, I don't pay too much attention to marigolds. I even dreaded when I see new plants growing. However, many different types of skippers, white butterfly, and bees love them.

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Alphabe-Flowers Series)

Bless you for READING





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

13 comments:

  1. i love the color combinations too, and you take such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're such cheerful looking flowers. great M post.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marigolds have always been a staple flower in my summer gardens as borders and between rows. Although, they may not deter squirrels and cats, they do act as a natural bug repelent. Good thing they don't repel camera bugs....your photos are beautiful. Great Letter M post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shot of beauty in nature ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how resilient marigolds are. Rather like you, I think!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Mumsy. I especially like the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! The color is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photos. I am having difficulty posting comments on some of the blogs (see my recent post). Hopefully this will go through. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome photos. I am having difficulty posting comments on some of the blogs (see my recent post). Hopefully this will go through. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos, I never liked Marigold. For some reason, the yellow has a bad memory, but that too has beginning to fade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried a marigold sign this week.

    I certainly didn't capture the glow with my primitive painting like your vibrant pictures, though.

    I love a little bunch of marigolds in a cobalt blue jar.

    Thanks for another magnificent link this week.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots and the colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover