Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Follow Your Dream

For all of us, parents, we want nothing but the best for our children. We nurture their ability, and we encourage their desire. Whether it is a wish to become a super star, or a dream to become a doctor; we make sure to provide whatever we could to help our children achieving their dream.

From a very young age, children have already conceived some sort of things that they would like to do when they grow up. The most common notions are: fireman, policeman, actor/actress, nurse, doctor, or a professional ball player.

When one of my children came to me with a yearning to become a model, I supported her decision by going to meet with different agencies and companies. We also did research on the internet to find a reputable local agent. Along the way, we ran in many other areas in this business, such as The Miss World pageant.

To my surprise, I learned that there are many different levels of pageant competitions one must go through before qualified to enter the Miss World pageant. Since my interest is to help my daughter fulfilling her dream of becoming a model, we briefly looked into this aspect.

We must start somewhere to establish her present in this industry; so we agreed with each other to keep this option open should it ever cross our path. In my neck of the woods, we knew nobody in this business, or associated with any other families that shared this same interest.

My daughter managed to get a couple of jobs modeling clothes line at local malls on her own, and she quickly realized that her passion lied in designing clothes rather than prancing around in them. After losing hundreds of dollars signing with a local company, without any lead I may add, my daughter decided to go to school and to get her degree in fashion design.

Bless you for READING

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely, we encourage our children in their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I know you're doing that for your children and grandchildren.

      Delete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover