Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

H Is For Hollyhocks

Pretty Holyhock Flowers
After dropping off three full box of paper for recycling at my church, I saw this beautiful hollyhock flowers growing along the wooden fence on my way out. I have always admired hollyhocks; so of course, I had to stop and took pictures.

Lovely Hollyhock Flowers in White and Purple Stripes
Hollyhock flowers came in a variety of colors: red, yellow, white, pink, maroon, purple and a mixed of different ones. If I were by myself, I would have putting up a temporary camp at this site to properly setting up a photo session, but I were with children at the time, and they all rushed "that's enough, let go" sort of things.

Pretty Faces of Hollyhocks

Hollyhocks are perennial flowers, and their scientific name is Alcea, growing up to 11.48 feet tall. This color of hollyhocks is my favorite one, and I have some growing in pot. They have no flowers yet but I think we still have a couple of summer months left for them to catch up.

Joining Alphabe-Thursday..

(Listed in Alphabe-Flowers Series )

Bless you for READING!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

14 comments:

  1. They're lovely! I didn't know they grew that tall though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollyhocks always remind me of country gardens, picket fences and grandparents - all happy thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, these are very pretty, and thank you for adding new flower vocabulary to my knowledge. hopefully, i will remember as I am not good in remembering names. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollyhocks always remind me of farms and pastures. Your shots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great photos of such pretty flowers! Love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kwiaty są piękne i mają śliczne kolory. Pozdrawiam.
    Flowers are beautiful and have beautiful colors. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these too and know what you mean about the patience of kids, or hubbies. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they look so good if I didn't know any better I'd say they're fake. Nice job growing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take credit for growing them, but I didn't. I saw them on my church's ground. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Love your weekly gift of flowers, Mumsy. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, Mumsy! They always look so stately, towering above the other flowers in a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hollyhocks are such cheerful flowers. I love them.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hollyhocks are such happy flowers!

    This post made me happy!

    Maybe seeing them was your reward for recycling!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover