Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

F Is For Fleabane Flowers

A pair of fleabane flowers
Growing around my dwelling are these beautiful wild fleabanes. They come in white, lavender, and a mixed of white and lavender.



Hover fly on fleabane
I like the morning sun as it seemed to be the perfect lighting for taking pictures! This type of fleabane has very thin petals, and a beautiful yellow heart.

Fleabane not quite ready to open
I caught this fleabane flower when it was not quite ready to open, but it mesmerized me! Watching the flower at different stages is quite a fascinating thing.

Fleabane with a touch of lavender on petals
Things are changing around here in nature since last year we only had white color fleabane. I found more lavender fleabane now in our yard, different kinds of butterflies, different kinds of birds, and more wild flowers that we didn't have last year.

Joining Alphabe-Thursday..

(Listed in Alphabe-Flowers Series)

Bless you for READING!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

14 comments:

  1. Fleabane! Now, is this flower some sort of flea repellant? I always like to learn where the names for flowers come from. Such beautiful little flowers, they should have a nicer name than anything 'flea'. The detail of your photos - just wonderful! So nice to see all the little bits and pieces that make up this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me want to venture out in my own forest and appreciate what little nature we have left! great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're lovely. they remind me of sunflowers only more fragile looking.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and lovely photos!
    ~Naila Moon

    http://imaphotographicgenius.blogspot.com/2012/06/falphabe-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely flowers they are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful...lacy and lovely!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a first for me.. such a sweet flower! Great shots!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was lying in my grass yesterday trying to take photos of my fleabane. They are certainly pretty little flowers. Love your photos. I like the touch of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like the last two photos are saying "all-right-already, I'm getting up". Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fleabane is such a wonder flower to have in one's yard. Excellent choice for your photos, Mumsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're so pretty. I've never heard their name before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fleabane! I grew that in Ohio! It's such a fun daisy-like accent!

    Lovely photos Miss Mumsy!

    I hope you have a fabulous 4th of July!

    Thank you for linking.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover