Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

E is For Echinacea

White Cone Flower
Commonly known as cone flower, and scientifically known as Echinacea, this flower comes in a variety of colors such as white, purple, pink, orange and yellow. I only have the white color in my little garden and it needs no caring from me.

Echinacea Growing
I bought it a few years ago at the end of summer season, and it was half dead. After planted down, I watered it and kept my eyes on it for a while. It regained the thrive to survive, and came back year after year.

A Pretty White Cone Flower
This year with the weather being on the strange side, my echinacea didn't have many blooms just yet, but I still have two months of summer left to see. With the menace squirrels, who loved to tear apart the new flower heads, I am hoping it will survive.

Joining Alphabe-Thursday..

(Listed in Alphabe-Flowers Series)

Bless you for READING!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

16 comments:

  1. The white variety is very pretty, that's for sure. So far this year, all I have are leaves on my Echinacea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors and varieties of the cone flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I hope the squirrels leave it alone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty (and I hate squirrels for popping the heads off my tulips!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty, I only think about it is tablet form to keep me healthy but now I'm thinking it could be great in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is showing off their blooms! So pretty! Great E choice! Have a terrific week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the kind of plants I need--ones that thrive without care from me. I love the idea of gardening but don't find much time for it except to keep the yard from becoming overgrown--so my "gardening" is most often of the weeding variety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that plant, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew that this what the flower looks like. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cone flowers are pretty even after the petals fall off! Great photo, Mumsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, love so much the lighting and the dept of field in this photo, the details in the flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never even new echinacea had flowers. I've always just thought of it as a plant that was good for the immune system.

    Thanks for sharing!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo...so pretty! I have pink ones I started years ago from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got distracted by your coupon thing for free laundry detergent...

    But then I came back to see your excellent photographs of echinacea.

    Can't you brew the dried petals into an herbal tea as well?

    Thank you for linking.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      I saw the capsule type in the market, but have yet tried to brew them as tea..I didn't even know we could consume this :-)

      Delete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover