Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Y Is For Youth

I am starting to look back in to my life and wondering where my youthful years went; not with regrets since it wouldn't change anything, but with a wish that I would have known more about life back then as I know it now. Wishes such as: doing things differently, and have a depth of confident about myself.


Finding out who I am and what I wanted to do now is a little late as my youthful energy seems to diminish each day. I recognize the tiresome in my body but I still think I'm aging gracefully. I try harder in taking care of my health by eating well balanced meals and taking my vitamins.

Life has not been easy for me, and living with a worn out body isn't all that fun either! However, I have learned a value lesson as I grow older and that is: no time to feel sorry for myself anymore as I have done all the "pity-patty" already in my youth.


I can now pick up and move on without hesitation or tormenting thoughts. The bad experiences in my youth still taunted at times, which I hardly ever thought of. They just came, reminded me, and left me hanging for a while.

In a way, I think I'm mourning my wasted younger years as so much of those years were spent looking to fit in, or getting accepted in society, and finding my place on this earth. Then again, it is what made who I am today, and it is a good thing after all.

Thanks for READING!

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Mixed Memories Series)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. I love those flower shots...and yes, everything that made you who you are today is a good thing after all...you are inspiring me to make the most out of my youthful years...I am no longer that young though :-)I must add that I love your cheerful and colorful header so much....blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I bet you're still younger than me :-) Thank you for not just looking at the photos, and leave such a meaningful comment!

      Delete
  2. I love your new header! What lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header has been on the blog for quite a while! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I think a lot of us feel this way Mumsy, I wish I would have known then what I know now. Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of us wish we'd spent our youth more wisely, Mumsy. I think that's because most of us grow wiser as we age. Thank goodness for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading your story and your answers, Hope that is alright . I am sorry to say that I never read the replies from anybody. Don't have time for that although I am 74 years of age.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Riet,
      I rarely reply to comments, but rather visit the commenters. I only reply to empty echo :-(

      Delete
  6. Hey Mumsy, thanks for your kind compliments on my blog. This is a lovely post. I think the dandelions are emblematic of the changes we all inevitably go through in our lives. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If our children could only know what we know now, and if they could realize that we really do understand what they are going through. Thank you for stopping by Take Six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true, we can't get our younger days back. But we can move forward in life now taking in all the richness it has to offer. I certainly want to lavishly appreciate my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you loud and clear. I wish I would of appreciated more things (like my parents) when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mumsy, you have a wonderful gift of writing AND photography! Life has been good to you in that regard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have learned so much and gained so much wisdom that those years have not been wasted. And look where you are today!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, I can sure relate to this post! I've often longed to go back in time and do my younger years right this time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover