Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

J is For Jumping

Growing up with one broken leg has left me with many wishes to yearn for! One of those wishes was to be able to jump or lift my body up in the air for just a moment. I wanted to feel that flying motion, that inhibiting feeling from grounding to the earth, and that lightness of air.

Watching other kids jumped ropes, skipped stairs, or swooshed down from a rock, I always wanted to know how it felt as the moment the body took off. It all looked so easy and so full of energy. Yet, for me it would mean a big blob on the ground, and scattered into pieces.


That small act of jumping, skipping, dancing, and twirling looked all natural to me, but my body wouldn't allow it in this life time. There were many things that I couldn't do without having two normal, healthy legs. I only wished, not envied, for a chance to know how it felt like to run, to prance around on the dance floor, and to skip a few steps.

Jumping to me was like freedom! That one split second when the body airborne was quite fascinating to watch! I knew now why so many people would risk their lives to seek this thrill and adrenalin rush.


The thought about parachute had entered my mind just once, but this wouldn't be feasible either since I had no control over my legs, which meant that when I landed, my legs wouldn't be able to support my body. Thus, I would be smacked down against the earth like a pancake.

I might never know how jumping would physically feel like, but in my mind I really know how wonderful it would be...

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

Thanks for READING!


(Listed in Mixed Memories Series)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

13 comments:

  1. I always wanted to fly. I can remember as a little girl thinking that if I could just figure it out, I could do it and standing in the loft of the barn and thinking about trying to jump! It looked so natural to me, but I was afraid. Good thing I never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could jump with a parachute because beginners don't jump solo. They jump in tandem with an experienced jumper. Perhaps a very strong male jumper could come down with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you've never known the joy of jumping! How about a bungi jump? Or the giant barn swing things where they fasten you in? Or the new craze that looks kind of like a glorified ski lift ride? I hope you find something that satisfies this passion for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wonder in this post! I promise to have JDaniel jump just for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi those photos are gorgeous !

    Check out ziplining, that might work for you. It is not like jumping, it is more like flying and when you get to the end of the line, you will still be hanging and will not put strain on your legs.

    Chay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I frequently fly in my dreams. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you very much remind me of my best friend in high school, when i would run or would jump, she would just cheer me on, or ask me to wait for her, wish someday you'd be able to feel what it is like, when technology would devise something that will help in jumping for some who may not have 2 healthy legs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think the imagining is better than the real thing. Perhaps like your birds in the tree tops...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 75 and really can't remember
    wanting to jump and skip. Strange, isn't I don't like heights and only fly when I have to. As far as bungy jumping or dropping out of a plane- also not for me. The ferris wheel is the only thing I did and got sick.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all take things for granted, and you have just made me appreciate something I never really thought of before.

    Thank you!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One thing that I so wish is to fly. Growing up we jump all around pretending we are flying, lol! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your little girl self but in your mind sweetie, you jump high and soar baby soar!!!

    Great story!

    God bless and have a phenomenal day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This as written so well...

    I could hear the curiosity of a kid in there...

    Don't feel bad, I don't think I could jump either...

    I would most definitely end up in a pile on the floor...

    Thanks for sharing this lovely post for the letter "J"...

    Fantastic job,

    A+

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover