Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

H Is For Humor

Humor is something that I'm terribly lack off! I don't find too many things that are really funny, and can't seem to stomach stand-up comedies, especially when the jokes aimed at someone else's expense such as "my parents this or my wife that" type of things. Racist tease is another that just does not sit well either with me.

I admit, growing up here in American, I've absorbed lot of ways to ease up such as not worrying too much about what to wear, how I look, what others think of me, having fun playing cardboard games, and laughing at hilarious things. Since Asian culture tends to conform girls' behavior in public, it is quite liberating to just feel comfortable in my own skin.

Life seems to be a bit easier with having a sense of humor, and not always having to be serious all the time. Hence, for me, humor was a trained choice. I start out by watching family comedy shows such as Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, and a few others. Learning to let go and laugh are both soothing to the soul.

Stand-up comedies are still a struggle for me! I haven't found one that I really can pay attention to or laugh with the jokes yet. I once listened to Dan Cook through an iPod from the demand of the children, and thought he was funny, but I would not flip the remote control to look for stand-up comedy to see.


Yes, I have come a long way to ease up, and now I even notice that I try to make jokes too. Not many people find it funny or rolling around on floor laughing though. It just feels good to take life on the lighter side, and have a sense of humor too.

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

Thanks for READING!

(Listed in Mixed Memories Series)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

14 comments:

  1. I find comedy in my life daily. If not for life's humor I wouldn't cope as I do. Don't count on some comedian to make you giggle, just look around:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminds me of a Bible verse from the book of Proverbs that says "A merry heart does good like a medicine!" (Not an exact quote, but something like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many different types of humor...some quite unkind, some just plain raunchy. But being able to laugh at oneself and the seemingly crazy things that happen in life can be so curative! There's nothing like a good belly laugh.

    Love your photos. Hope you have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to laughter Mumsy. It truly can be the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all you have been through, I am glad you can find humor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think humor is a healing agent in my life. And I do think it can be developed, though in my family, there was always a lot of it around. I was lucky in that way.

    Glad you are finding yours!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bible does say laughter is the best medicine, so cut loose sweetie!!!

    I find humor in some of the worse situations. Ya just as well laugh about it as to cry about it. It's just the way I look at the world. 'Just sayin'....

    God bless ya sweetie and enjoy your humor!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want to find some truly funny, without being offensive, comedy look for classic Bill Cosby. There a few really good Christian comedians I could recommend if you're interested too. Keep laughing! It is very healing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Humor is a spice of life, an innocent kind of humor, not the kind of humor that belittles some one else of something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're in good company, Mumsy. I do not find most "comedy" very humorous, and I don't like jokes at the expense of others. And still I am a HUGE laugher and find life offers plenty of things to laugh at every day... hmmm... maybe every hour! I start by not taking myself very seriously. Living it loose is definitely the way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mumsy, laughing is very healing! I love to laugh. I have a lot of blogging friends who really make me laugh, and it always feels soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post! I honestly think a sense of humor is the most important thing you can have in this world.It's not necessarily laughing at an obnoxious stand-up comic. It's the ability to find the humor in any situation. This is a trait I'm really working with my daughter to have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somedays I don't know what I would do without a sense of Humor...

    This was a great post...

    Thanks for linking to the letter "H"!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you would like Bill Cosby. He is not racist but quite humorous. I listed to a few of his and laughed so hard I cried.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover