Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Destiny Came Beckon Me

On the 31 of December this 2011, my blog is exactly two years old! Two complete years! I have made writing out my Raw Thoughts and Feelings a goal, and I have pretty much stuck to it. I also share my love for nature photography a part of my blog.

As the year ends, I am taking stock of my accomplishments, and failures! So far, I have no regret with where this blog is heading.

I am not worried about social bookmarking sites, or writing for paid ad reviews. If I get it, I get it! If not, no big deal! To me, advertisers only concentrate on the big numbers of followers on blog, Facebook, or Twitter. They are however, not once realizing that it is just for show!

I don't like playing that game! I tried a few times, but really didn't like it. I prefer for people to follow my blog naturally, if they like what they see.

At the moment, I am struggling with this very sentence "you make your own destiny." That is a big bowl of crap! It is a shallow saying. It is a humongous stupid expression!

Destiny came beckon me, and I can't change it even when I want it to, or have a plan to change it. My plan is condemned, and apparently I have to draw on God for strength to take it. It becomes God's test that I have to endure. It becomes the cross that I have to carry since my life or my children's lives are not as precious as someone else's life.

I didn't want this destiny. I didn't ask for it! It just came and planted itself on me. Turning my life upside down, but I can't make my own destiny.

So as the year ends, the only thing I have left to celebrate is my blog's 2 years anniversary! Happy second birthday, blog!

Check out others at Things I Can't Say!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog anniversary. I have enjoyed your photos and post. I am looking forward to visit your blog in 2012. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy second anniversary, Mumsy, like you, I just enjoy blogging and writing, the paid posts and ads, are just icing on the cake :) i actually do not know much yet google optimization and social bookmarking networking sites, i am just happy for friends i found in blogging such as you!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mumsy on your two year. We started around the same time and I find it hard to believe I am still going. Who knows what 2012 brings, I try not to think about it and just take it one day at a time. I love what I do, so I know that will never change. Happy New year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blog anniversary. :)

    The part about blogs and ads and visitors sort of hit home for me. I am trying to launch my writing career and I find myself walking this fine line between art and business. I want to get my name out there and my work out there, but then I have to play the game so to speak if I want people to come and read my blog. I just put ads on my site because, well, I need whatever income I can get. And with that, I find myself in the game of trying to generate traffic.

    But I suppose this is also a lesson in promotion. On the positive side, I am now in a position where I have to promote the heck out of myself, which is something I was never comfortable in doing before. But if I want to make a success of myself, I have to learn to promote myself.

    Sometimes, I wish I could just let my writing speak for itself and not have to worry about stats, but then I'm met with reality. Oh well.

    But I still write what I want to write and nobody is going to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you on your blogversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think anyone thinks it is your duty. You can only blame it on the person who did it to you.
    As people go on and enjoy their families and their life, it looks very selfish on their part, but there is also nothing they can do to "scoop" the crap away for you.
    Sometimes the working progress isn't soon enough either.
    Much love,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2nd blogversary! Sometimes we make too much of goals. If we are following Jesus we are meeting His goals which are all we need to do. Everything else will fall in line.

    Mumsy, I have a coworker who is a young mother of two who has lung cancer which has returned. She fell out three weeks ago and was rushed to the hospital for an emergency gall bladder removal. Now it is two weeks later and they realized they left part of it in her so she is back in the hospital. She hasn't had a full pay check in months. She hasn't felt good in years...I am recovering from a little head cold, so I realize that I am doing GREAT! God is good and I am asking Him to show you His tender mercies. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover