Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Manage Your Picture Storage Space On Blogger

Do you know that Blogger allows you only a limited picture storage space? I didn't know that until I read it on other blog, and in Blogger's forum. I used to upload my photos in their own original sizes, but since I don't want to pay extra money to upgrade my picture storage space; I have to go in my Picasa account and resize all my photos.


It was a tedious job, and it took me a couple of days, but I got all my pictures resized! The allowed storage space for photos in Blogger is 1024 MB. If you go over this limit, you will have to buy more storage space. It required a technology lawyer to understand all the small print or terms and conditions that they imposed.

According to the forum conversation, if you resize your horizontal photo to 800 by 600, and your vertical photo to 600 by 800, then this won't count against your storage space. Well, at least it would take a long time for you to reach that point if you plan on blogging.

All you have to do is using your photo editor and adjust the height or width of your pictures to 800 by 600, or vice versa. Save them before uploading them on to your post.


The best advantages for smaller size photos are below:
  1. The photos will load much faster on to your blogger account.
  2. Your blog overall will also load much quicker, which means your viewers will not close out your page for waiting too long
  3. You will save money from having to upgrade
  4. Loading time and bounce rate counted in your Alexa ranking, and also in your Google Analytics
  5. Preserve your photo storage space for future posts
I hope you find this helpful!

Participating in Best Post of the Week!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

5 comments:

  1. I have been resizing my photos and saving them in lowest quality possible, for quicker loading and also not to use too much space since I experienced before I can no longer upload photos unless I have to buy more space.i did not know it can also help with the ranking and analytics. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that!
    I've got to look into that and watch how much I upload!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually store my big ones in Flickr, and then size them down to put in my blog. Great advice here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have Blogger Mumsy, but I wonder if this is also true of Wordpress. Thanks for sharing this information because I'm going to do some investigating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very good to know because I have already had to buy more space.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover