Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Red Zinnia With Yellow Center

Talking about odd, my zinnia flowers' petals are all rolled up like these in the photos. I find them fascinating and interestingly allured!

This is my only red zinnia flower growing this year, and the center of it can captivate you for hours! I'm planning on saving the seeds, mark them separately, and re-planting them next year. I usually just put all the seeds together and experiment with them to see what they would produce.

Don't you just love the whimsical look of this red zinnia flower's petals? Taking pictures, planting flowers, or vegetables are the activities that seem to calm my mind when it is full or troubled.

Participating in Macro MondayMellow Yellow, and Ruby Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. i share your fascination, i too find it so fascinating and alluring. lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So this flower is quite unique. I really love the bright red and yellow of it. It almost looks spicy to me :) (if that makes any sense!) Do Zinnia's normally grow with such bright colors? And it's interesting how the leaves curled up because then it makes it look like they're chili peppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful flower - terrific shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen one quite like this one and we have a park that has a few flower beds with quite a variety in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a beautiful one you've got there. Hope you get a lot of seeds from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one flamboyant zinna. Such a bright color and unusual shaped petals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zinnias are always pretty and the bright color of this one is particularly nice. Gardening is a wonderful way to "clear your mind" sometimes. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to take a second look if it's zinnia and it is. Pretty unique variety. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color Mumsy and how the petals are all sprawled out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice macro photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I have never seen a zinnia such as this, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely shots of your Zinnia. Mine looked awful this year, I didn't care for the type we planted. Hoping for better next year.

    http://wishesdreamsandotherthings.blogspot.com/2011/10/macro-monday-and-31-days-of-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are beautiful shots - :) Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rolled up leaves make for a very artsy outlook on these zinnias!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a striking colour! And love the dramatic shape of the petals! It almost makes the zinnia like a sea anemone!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover