Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pale Pink Aster Flower

Baby Aster Growing

This flower bloomed to my surprise since I planted them from seeds. They sat in a huge pot on my front porch, and despite many tries, nothing seemed to flourished until this beautiful flower came into sight. I've just located the envelop that the seeds came in, and this is called Aster Crego Mixed Colors.

Pink Petals Emerged

The leaves looked a bit like chrysanthemum leaves, but there were plenty of little soft spikes on them. The flower was quite pretty as it grew. It went from a total white bud and transitioned slowly into pink color.

Macro of Pink Aster Flower

I enjoyed watching this pretty pink aster flower grew. The plant was not all that tall but gave many flowers continuously. I picked up a few of different seeds at the Dollar Store when it was 10 cents a piece.

A short gardening tip: plant the seeds in a sunny location at 1/4 inch deep, 12 inches apart, and growing up to 18-24 inches in height. For early blossoms, start seeds indoor 6 weeks before planting them outside when the danger of frost past.

This aster crego flower blooms late in the summer until frost. However, you can prolong the different blooming periods by planting them two weeks apart.

Joining Weekend FlowersPink Saturday, I Heart Macro, and Today Flowers!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

21 comments:

  1. Your flowers must have loved your tender care. They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! I think flowers grown from seed are so miraculous! Hope you have a wonderful pink weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this lovely weekend flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so pretty and dainty, flowers are indeed one of the joyful smiles from above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a pretty flower and I'm so happy it bloomed for you Mumsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the gentle shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely series of shots!
    I like the soft pink it started out with. Nice detail on the center.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers and love that close up of the center - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a dainty and soft color palette in this flower. I love the macro shot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Astors, so delicate looking.
    We have the pink, purple and white every where along side the roads in Maine, this time of year. I pick arm loads.. Enjoy this fall weather.. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous series! Love seeing it open up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever of you, and how pretty! Our beautiful leaves are falling quickly with all the wind and rain. Soon winter is upon us, so enjoy the pretty glimpses of flowers while you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful flower! I can't make anything grow!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover