Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yellow Sunflower

Yellow sunflower is the most common color to see during the summer. I love growing them. The squirrels and the birds love them. In fact, I don't think I could even save a seed this year because these two critters have been eating them so far.

Ants also seemed to like them because I saw a line of ants on the stems, leaves and flowers! I don't like to share my sunflowers, but I don't have any choice unless I caged them.

Some of my yellow sunflowers also have streaks of orange-brown color on them! This year though, the sunflowers in my yard didn't grow that big or tall while others were gigantic! I think my soil needs to be fertilized and fed.

If I'm not mistaken, this is a Baltimore Oriole bird caught eating my sunflower seeds! If it is not, please let me know. I only get to snap one photo, and it quickly flew away. I'm hoping to see it again soon.

Joining Mellow Yellow and Macro Monday!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love that Oriole. Looks like he is giving you the stare down with your camera. Awesome pictures. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers, they are so bright and cheery. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your culprit didn't stay long, did he? He is simply beautiful. I am glad you were quick enough to capture a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mumsy...It is so good to see your post tonight. I have missed you since I have been devoting all of my time and efforts to my “Climbing” blog. I have not posted on my "Buttons for Baga" in ages because I have not been doing much sewing, knitting, or quilting. The Arthritis in my hands has name me modify my hobbies a bit. Have been concentrating on studying the camera and working on my photography...and it keeps me on my toes. I have sososo much to learn. Your captures this week are lovely. Now there are three of us posting this week who have seen a big difference in the flower production this year. I wonder what is going on. Take care and stop by to see me when you get a moment. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your sunflower has a very beautiful slight deep orangey color. Just gorgeous and the bird that is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You have a choice of growing more sunflowers to produce more than enough seeds for the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, what a bonus, a yellow bird with the sunflower, life is truly beautiful around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sunflowers Mumsy! I just posted some on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful series...love the oriole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though it's stealing your seeds, it's awfully pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover