Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Starburst Zinnia Flowers


Zinnia flowers are the easiest ones to grow. They are resilient, easy to care for, tolerate full afternoon sun, and have long lasting flowers. Since the weather was a bit on the strange side, my zinnia flowers turned out different too.


The petals on these pink zinnia flowers didn't open all the way, instead they like starbursts to me. One thing for sure though, I love the different shades of pink from this year blooms.


Very few zinnias that I grew in this same pot open all the way. The petals remained unfolded and pointy at the end. In different angles, they all look as though they have a star shape, which were unique and special. I'm going to keep the seeds any way for next year, and see what would happen.

Joining Weekend FlowersPink Saturday, I Heart Macro, and Today Flowers!

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. I love zinnias and mine are in their full glory....they took a long time to get where they are with the odd spring/summer we had.
    Yours are gorgeous and I different from mine....there are so many different ones!
    HPS!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully captured flowers. Love their unusually shaped petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mums for sharing these. Blessings to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a rule these flowers are easy to grown and do well. Not in the Texas intense heat this year, they could not make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zinnias, but never had much luck. However, the Texas heat took a toll on all our flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I sow several varieties of zinnias each spring to have flowers all summer and early fall. Neat how your altered bloom is a starburst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all very pretty..I like the 2nd shot the most..such gorgeous colours.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful zinnias and photos. Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers and they come in so many different colors. Thanks for sharing, have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flower shots! The angles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful shots and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - these are beautiful! I love the first one the best - just because the color is so vivid and bright - makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! Zinnias remind me of my grandmother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you and I had the same blog post idea yesterday -- :) Lovely pink zinnias. I don't have any of these long-petaled variety. I'll have to look for some seeds next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They certainly look different to what one expects of a zinnia, more like cactus dahlias but very pretty and I am sure, just as beloved by butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Zinnia's are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely flowers and your photos, too.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover