Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Red and Pink Double Decker Zinnia

Amanda at SelfSagacity sent me her seeds for this double-decker zinnia flower. I planted them later in the year than before. The first round was unsuccessful, and nothing grew since the weather was still too cold in June, and there was barely any sun light.

I tried again to plant it in July, and it took off beautifully. The first layer of petals was all pink as you can see in the photo. It was a wonderful surprise to see the second layer of petals forming, and they started out with creamy color, which later turned completely red.


I had no idea how this happened, but I enjoy watching their transformation. Nature sure has a way to provide us with amazing things, and keeps us ponder.

Participating in Macro MondayMellow Yellow, and Ruby Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. I love zinnias adn these are beautiful. The color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...I love the color too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful sculptural flower - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen zinnias, thank you for sharing, now I know how it looks like. Do they have other colors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower, and you've taken wonderful pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is pretty. I don't have zinnias in my garden, I think I am going to plant it next year. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shots! I love zinnias, they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Macro, linking over from Marco Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks dear for showing me. They are so gorgeous. I missed my chance this year. The double-decker is one of those flowers that I would call "miracle." They are the wonders from the heavens garden. You're lucky to have grown the multi colored type.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't nature just amazing? I love the pics and your description of this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flower.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover