Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Black Eyed Susan

Are you ready for this? How many names do you think black-eyed Susan flower has or associating with beside its scientific name, Rudbeckia hirta? Well, here they are:
  • Brown-eyed Susan
  • Blackiehead
  • Brown Betty
  • Brown Daisy
  • Gloriosa Daisy
  • Golden Jerusalem
  • Poorland Daisy
  • Yellow Daisy
  • Yellow Ox-tailed Daisy

Who knows right? I only recognize it as black eyed Susan (poor Susan)! This perennial flower re-seeds itself and come back each year. It commonly comes in yellow color, to slight orange.

I found this black eyed Susan at the front corner of my brother house, and he had no idea how it gets there either. However, it is beautiful, and we love it!

Joining Mellow Yellow and Macro Monday!

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Poor little pretty flower. It must be confused! What does it answer to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots! I love the Black Eyed Susans! All of ours are done for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite flowers - they grow all around my yard, whatever you want to call them. Love your tangled second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly taught me some interesting names tonight. I could not believe all of them...amazing. Love the black eyed Susan just appearing out of nowhere at your brother’s home. That makes it ever so much more special. Lovely photos, too. Happy ones.genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awfully pretty. I have them growing out in my pasture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really nice photos of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know all those names...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the other names, I had no idea lol. Gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing the detail like that is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i didn't know the many aliases of black eyed susan, it is a very beautiful flower though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love black-eyed Susans! Great macro Mumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't forget to harvest the seeds and save me some. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great series! I love Black eye Susans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely shots of the Jerusalem artichoke and black-eyed Susan blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting name(s) to call that flower...... hmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover