Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

P Is For Parting

Chi' got clearance to leave Indian Town Gap and to be reunited with his family in California. He had talked to them a few times on the phone, and waiting for the day of departure. My heart sank when he told me that he would be leaving in two days as I had no idea when my turn would come.

I wanted to rush the process so I could join my family in Michigan. Life at the camp would be in total devastation and sadness without Chi', so I went to the office to ask about my case three times a day. Knowing a little English helped in a big way! The pressure was on! I wouldn't go away from the office until I talked to someone who handled my case. I wanted so badly to leave Indian Town Gap as soon as Chi' was gone.


My stubbornness paid off, and I met a wonderful man at the office. His name was Marty Ferris, twice my height and skinny. Through my little and broken English, he understood the emergency of my case! I was a teenager girl on my own, and without Chi', I would have no one looking after me!

Marty Ferris was in his twenty; gentle spoken voice, and very patience with the constant stream of people coming in and out of his office looking for settlement in the States. He took a special liking to me, probably because I was one that could understood what he said. He worked on pushing my paperwork through the pile of cases on his desk.


Chi' and I exchanged addresses on the day he left! Just as Chi's departure took place, Guy also arrived back to the camp! The hospital emptied out all of their refugee patients, and sent them back to the barrack. The sign of Guy brought on an unsettling nerve inside my stomach, and I hid in my building for fear of running into him.

Two days later, Marty Ferris came looking for me with good news: I would be leaving Indian Town Gap the day after, and he volunteered to accompany me to the airport since I was under age. If I believe in angel, Marty was it; and if I believe in the stroke of luck, meeting him was it...

Joining Alphabe-Thursday

(Listed in Teenager Years series)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

13 comments:

  1. We just never know when a blessing will come our way. Glad things worked out for all concerned. There are still a few good people left in this world, but not many. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody needs and has an angel on his or her shoulder now and then. You had yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty Ferris sounds like a great guy! Have you talked with him since you left?

    ReplyDelete
  4. at first I was afraid for you on hearing Guy, glad Marty was there to help out processing your papers to go back to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to get out early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to read that someone looked out for you, I wish more people had!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relief that must be for you!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank heavens! I'm so glad your angel found you in time.

    What a roller coaster you were on. I can't imagine how you survived it with such grace and dignity.

    Thanks for linking this week.

    I am always on the edge of my seat to see what is happening with you.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that you had a guardian angel watching over you right as Chi' was leaving the camp! If it wasn't for Marty Ferris's help getting you back to your family in so short a time, who know what would have happened with Guy. He is such a frightening person (Guy, not Mr. Ferris). I'm just hoping that there wasn't any incidents with Guy that happened before you departed....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear you are getting your wish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are many stranger angels in our lives if we only open ourselves to them! Sometimes it's good to BE one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This part, I totally missed about your life. Glad to be catching up.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover