Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Orange Zinnia



It took two tries this year for me to grow zinnia flowers, but they finally flowered, and produced such a different look too. The petals were not flat or open up completely, but rather folded as you can see in the first photo. I couldn't decide what to call this color: orange or yellow or "orangy-yellow".

Whatever, they bloomed! They came to show their beautiful faces, and they will stay until late in September when the weather turns! Zinnia flowers are easy to grow, they love sunlight, they are resilient flowers, and they also love moisture.

You don't have to do much with zinnias, just put the seeds in a pot of soil, water them, and watch them grow!

Joining Blooming Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. An interesting looking zinnia. I only grew one a few years ago. It had flat petals and was a beautiful fuschia colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may work for you. I tried having them here as I thought they liked dry, warm climate. They must not as mine never survived. Of course, we have not had a heat wave like this before either. Yours are very pretty. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this year I put them out in the garden and they did not grow. ohwell. There is always next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zinnias are a bright and cheery flower and yours very much so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a interesting shaped Zinnia and I love orange blooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize that they bloom for such a long time. That alone makes them appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blooms! So bright and cheery - thanks for sharing your flowers with us! Paula from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful, nice to know about them, and you take such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! At first I thought it was a dahlia. Orange flowers are one of my current favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I planted them this year. I think all the rain washed them away. You grew some beauties. yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting bloom! Every year I say I'm going to grow zinnias but I never do. Love it! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love zinnias and Gerber daisies and...hm...I love flowers :o) Your orangy-yellow or yellowy-orange ones are beautiful :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you for stopping by my parachuting post. I definitely cannot imagine me parachuting! haha
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover