Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Heart of a Pink Daylily

A look inside the heart of a pink day lily
I don't see too many tones of pink color that I don't like, but the baby pink tone has to be the best one for me. This baby pink daylily was part of a Mother's Day bouquet from my sons to me.

Strong and young heart of a day lily
Just like the daisy family, daylily has many different varieties and different colors, from white, yellow, deep pink, red, orange to two tones mix, purple, lavender, to deep maroon colors. My pink daylily lasted for about two weeks as cut flowers.

Mature heart of a day lily
Daylilies are perennial flowers, easy to grow, and can actually take care of themselves.  They grow best in full sun, but adapt themselves to a wide range of soil and light condition. They establish quickly and form a dense mass in just a few years, which can be divided every three to four years after they flowered.

If you don't want the daylilies to multiply, remove seed pods to prevent them from production! Daylilies are drought tolerate, but thrive best in moist and well drained soils. They need fertilization every year to encourage more flowers.

Joining Friday Unfold, Fabulous Friday and Pink Saturday!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and words! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love lilies! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I would want to keep the seeds in and have them spread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty post today. Just stay young at heart and you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pretty pink lilies! They are really a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful shots, you really have shown us the inner beauty of the pink daylily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great up close and personal shots. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pink hue in these photos Mumsy.

    Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover