Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

E Is For Enchanting

Chi' and I hung out with each other whenever we could. Our relationship was platonic, and we were more like lost souls finding comfort from one another. In our culture, he was considered a younger brother to me since I was a year older. As such, we had no notion of anything else.

He had a handsome face, broad smile, and pleasant manners. Being a male, he tried to protect me and took care of me attentively. Looking back, we were as innocent as toddlers even though we were already teenagers. We knew nothing, expect nothing, and did what were told.

 

One Sunday evening, we found our way to the top of the hospital building, and there we saw the city of Baltimore for the first time at night. Lights in so many colors spread beyond what our eyes could see. It looked incredibly beautiful and majestic!

An enchanting world opened up to us where there was just beauty, peace, and untouched. We were no long the victims of human imperfection, but just two young people free in our thought and body! When we had enough with watching the city lights, we lay on the cold concrete floor looking up at the stars in the sky.


For the first time, we both felt completely weightless from the pressure to be "normal" and the world below in the hospital with needles and machines were nonexistence! There was magic in the air and the wind atop the building when we were totally alone. We agreed never to mention anything that went on below in fear that we would contaminate our enchanting refuge.

That evening also marked 10 days in the hospital for Chi', and 7 days for me...

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Teenager Years series)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

13 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece of writing. Everyone should experience what the two of you did, at least once in a lifetime. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love water drop photography. My daughter has a friend that specializes in it, and I think it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful write. We all need to experience this, hopefully before being in a hospital or some other similar circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this enchanting post! You write very well and I am always eager to see what everyone else is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so beautiful water drop pictures with reflections, for me, the reflections represent the depth of the story you are sharing, and they shine as you look into those moments of enchanting refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a magical evening.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab story but amazing photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...lost souls finding comfort ...

    Your post this week made me cry. For you to find solace and peace in the midst of this horror makes me realize that there is always hope...always comfort if we are willing to open our eyes and look for it.

    Thanks for an excellent and engagingly poignant post this week.

    Hugs and A+

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post!

    I can feel what you felt just by reading your words....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found some escape up there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like it was a magical time for both of you Mumsy! The city lights and then the stars - how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So poignant and sweet. I love the story.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover