Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

U Is For Unfathomable

Nothing frustrated me more than making a phone call to one of the service provider companies, whichever it might be, and was put in touch with a heavily accented Indian tech, with whom I had constantly repeating "what did you say" every few seconds. Since I don't have a home phone, the minutes on my cell kept adding up, but still I couldn't get the answer that I needed.

Believe me, I'm just as a foreigner as could be, and I had a great deal of patience tuning in with every fiber on my body of what were saying, but really, can I get someone in America to help me since I live in America, I bought a product in America, and isn't there an American tech who would be more than qualified to troubleshoot problems?


If you have made a phone call for tech support, you know that our phone calls were routed to an answering call center, where you would be in touched with mostly Indian people. I have nothing against them, and they all tried their best to help solved the problem.  My only question was, why can't American tech have this job?

Unemployment is high in this country, and many people are out of jobs. Why can't we train American people to do the jobs that we route to another country? How can we help American people when whatever available is saved for others?

One of my relatives is currently working for a company that specialized in hiring just Indian people, and cut through red-tape to make sure that the description for job requirements only fit perfectly for Indian people. Now, I ask you, is this right? Is this unfathomable or not?

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Mish-Mash Series)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

16 comments:

  1. That is unfathomable and frustrating! :( I think it's another case of it being more economical to hire people outside our borders and the government just keeps making it worse! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard it is because the salaries can be lower. I bet someone without a job would take those salaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly does seem unfair. My guess is that it comes down to economics.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my best friend artist has to make one of those calls, if she cannot understand the person, she hangs up and calls again--and again! Until she gets someone she can actually understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do know how you feel...
    It's really frustrating when you are trying, but you just can't understand someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, it's the lower salaries that prompts companies to do this.

    There is nothing more frustrating than speaking to someone over the phone who either cannot understand you or you cannot understand them. Or both!!!

    Sheesh.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's terrible. Many companies love to ship as many jobs as possible overseas where they can pay cheaper wages. I wish there were disincentives for companies to do this (such as pay higher taxes, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always goes back to "follow the money". It's also very "undesirable". I always ask to be routed to the USA and a supervisor. It takes about 5 more minutes and then I always voice my displeasure with having to give my personal information to another country. I'm sure they could care less but that is "customer service" now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean..

    It's frustrating when you can't understand the person on the other end and they can't understand you....

    grr....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is one of the most annoying things on Earth to speak to somebody on teh other side of the world and I wish the companies that use these tactics would wake up to how frustrating it is.
    We need a revolution here methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. As for me, it is better to be able to talk to a real person than to a machine that tells me lots of numbers to dial to get through. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. insane and selfish if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband is a telecommunications reseller. He supplies underlying service to many, many call rooms and small phone companies in the US and internationally.

    So many of the phone rooms that once existed in the US have gone 'offshore' and it always makes me mad.

    Lately, I've been seeing a small growth in our customer base toward phone companies based here...in little cities in Iowa and Indiana and that makes me so happy.

    I don't know what the answer is for this, really.

    I think many of us share your same frustration with the language barriers, though.


    Thanks for your thoughtful link this week to Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'U'.

    It is unfathomable to me, too!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is frustrating to have the problem already with the product, first thing.
    Then you are faced with a language barrier, and the problem of trying to describe what the issue is- I can feel my blood pressure rising already.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover