Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

An Unforgettable Dinner

Papa sat at the end of the table, as head of household, and from there he darted a loving look at each of his children and grandchildren around the table.

A strange feeling came across my entire body that evening when I caught papa's look. I saw a small and happy smile on his face. A look of total satisfaction! He ate very little, but just smiled and looked at us. For the life of me, I felt something odd about his behavior, but I couldn't pinpoint to it.


Often, papa would take his supper early and then went on with his daily devotion. That evening though, he insisted on waiting for my siblings to come home from work so we could all have a family dinner together.

Nothing fancy was offered that evening! We had rice, salad, and pork stew, but everyone was laughing, talking, and sharing their day experiences, including the children. Papa took a bite of food, and then parked his look with a smile on each of his beloved faces.

My papa was happy! That was all I could convince myself and dismissed the nagging bad thought. The way my papa smiled and looked at dinner that evening, stay always memorable in my mind.

Joining the writing prompt at Mama's Losin' It!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. what a nice memory of contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me think of my own Father. Thank you for that. Lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brought a smile to my face to see how that memory stuck with you and makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome memory Mumsy..thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story; but it leaves me to wonder if he gathered everyone together for a reason....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great. The tenderness is far and few in between and it is so cherished. I believe so.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover