Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Q Is For Quiet

I can be quiet for a very long time, without talking to any one in person, or on the phone, or text messages on the week that I have no children with me. I'm not a talker usually so a week isn't all that long. 

I consider those time my "silence diet" time. Working at home provides me flexibility. I would work for a couple of hours, and then I would go outside for a 5 minutes break. Other times, I would do laundry, or washing the dishes, or cleaning the house. I don't need to talk, but in my mind, I'm either talking to myself, or to God.


Quiet the mind is harder than quiet the mouth! It takes a little discipline, and a stern directing for all the negative thoughts or bad feelings to go away.  Even when I talk to God, I find myself asking him for help all the time! There are moments when I quietly blame my troubles on him, asking him to take them away, and stop giving them to me.

I reason with God that I don't need trouble, and I just want to live a peaceful life. The conversation goes on in my mind and an argument constantly takes place in my subconsciousness. It's strange to think that I'm quiet, but yet my mind is so busy with the chattering.


There are people who can't quiet their mouth, and would continuously talk about anything and everything. I often wonder if their mind is as busy or is it a blank canvas! Is it possible that we can be physically quiet, but mentally busy, or vice versa?

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Mish-Mash Series)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

20 comments:

  1. I have to say that my mouth and my mind go constantly. If I don't have someone to talk to I go insane. I talk to friends or family all the time at home. I need it.
    I love those pictures of the ice. While I'm sure you aren't enjoying it I am enjoying the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, quieting the mouth is harder than quieting the mind. I sort of wrote about this, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, quieting the mouth is harder than quieting the mind. I sort of wrote about this, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we can all relate to the chatter within our heads. Sometimes I feel as if I'm bargaining with God. But now I am learning to allow His will to take hold. It's tough work but so worth it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. It's difficul of me to find my mind "quiet".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to be philosophers this week. I love this. I do think for many people they can't silence their mouths because they can't silence their minds, and what their mind is telling them is not pleasant. I really enjoyed this post!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think by verbalizing my thoughts. I have to watch that I don't think things out loud that I don't want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have days when I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be quiet and enjoy the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too enjoy my quiet time when I talk to God throughout the day. The wonderful thing is he is always there and is o.k. with it even when we blame him.
    Sometimes the mentally busy can be more tiring than the physically busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So often as I have grown older, silence is what I crave...I like your discipline of taking a "diet" away from talking, phones, etc.
    In our house, the TV is usually on with a retired husband nearby. I can't get use to that constant invasion. The sewing room in winter or the garden in summer offer the stillness I seek. Friends are a blessing but we need to be alone with ourselves too.
    Very good post and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very thought provoking post. I will be blunt Mumsy: I know a couple of people who rarely shut up and maybe it's because of the "blank canvas" you refer to here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a reflective post - & food for thought.

    XOXO Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a seeker of quiet, it's the main reason I moved out here in the middle of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is definitely possible.

    =)

    PS. I enjoy my quiet time. I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, thanks for the comment on my post. I hope your life is running more smoothly now. Believe it or not, I think about your situation often!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think quiet time for me started when I started writing, blogging! The action is in my head. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not much of a silent person!

    But there are times when things are crazy around here that I totally crave quiet!

    This was an excellent link this week.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am more on the talkative side. However, I do like some down time. My mind never shuts up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a really hard time quieting my mind! And I have a hard time quieting my mouth too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am seldom quiet and in fact have been told I talk in my sleep.. sorry:-) I have to totally exhaust myself to quiet my mind. It seems to churn constantly.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover