Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

N is For Nuisance Notion

The East coast was hit with a snow storm last night, and I was busy shoveling to clear out a path for us to get out of the house. Alphabe-Thursday comes around this week, and I got Nothing, Nada, Nil!


Then the Allstate advertising on TV came to my attention.  Actor, Dennis Haysbert, who is also a spokesman for Allstate insurance agency, stated that if you don't have an accident in six months or so, you would get your deductible back.

That's a pot of white lie, and a pile of crap!  I have Allstate insurance for more than five years now, no accident (knock on wood), and I call in to see if I can get my deductibles. Nada, Nil, Nothing!


To be qualified for the deductible refund, you have to pay extra for this program!!!What? The spokesman didn't say that on TV.  In fact, he made it sounds like anyone who has no accident in six months, will be automatically qualified for the deductible refund.

No, it is the biggest Nuisance Notion that Allstate insurance agency throws out there to fool the public! Why would I want to pay extra to enroll in a program of pick pocketing? What if I have an accident? Allstate would profit that amount! More money for them, and less for me!


I thought there is a law that prohibiting this kind of lies, deceiving, and cheating information! Apparently, many commercials are still in practice of lie and deceiving! They all sound so good to be true!

What I don't like and annoyed was that as an actor, Dennis Haysbert uses his status as a Hollywood star to sell misinformed notion. It would be a decent thing to tell the American public the truth, and allow them to make the decision themselves without fault coaxing!

Joining Alphabe-Thursday!

(Listed in Mish-Mash Series)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. As with everything...if it's too good to be true then it probably isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea! But why would you pay to be in a special program to get your money back? Why not take the money you would pay and put it in savings. DUH! I hate companies, and I hate Allstate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. People will be so disappointed when they can't get a deductible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you speak your mind Mumsy! And I am glad you called Allstate out on their baloney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look at those pictures for a few minutes before I could figure out what it was! I may live in AZ now, but I did grow up in the frozen desert of Idaho. Great pictures.
    And I'm avoiding Allstate. Visiting from Jenny Matlock. Come on over for a visit--and to thaw out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mums interesting post. Love that picture. Even though I do not live in the snow storm states, it is freezing cold for me down here in S. Fla. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched this commercial the other day and commented on it.

    My husband said, "We don't have Allstate." I replied, "Well maybe we should."

    Obviously, we shouldn't!

    I wonder if spokespeople know when they are misrepresenting or if they just sign up to do it for the money?

    I say we call him up and ask him!

    What a nifty post about an obvious nuisance.

    Thanks for linking it to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "N".

    A+ for you
    F- for Allstate

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much for truth in advertising. Are any of us surprised? Oh well...Happy AlphabeThursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They'll do and say anything to get your custom, they should be penalised

    ReplyDelete
  10. No Allstate for me. I prefer straight shooters.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A pot of white lie'? I love that expression! I've never heard it but I'm going to start using it! I don't blame you for being annoyed. That is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Advertising is not geared to people who are intelligent. It is not unlike most of the programs on t.v. today, especially if you are addicted to Fox.
    Thanks for your post. Unfortunately the people who need it the most will never see it.
    xoxo,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great public service announcement. Wish you could do your own commercial. Personally, I hate insurance companies. Not going to deny it.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dennis Haysbert is a cheap corporate shill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know that! Thanks for telling us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is strange that they advertise such a thing. It's great that you find out, but yes, some of those advertisements are just so exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover