Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Like Water On the Duck's Back

Whew...another week is over, and we are in for the shock of our first winter storm.  Schools were closing for the second day on a roll, and the temperature is only 8 degrees, still dropping like a hot pancake with strong wind!

My little boy's birthday went well, and he was a happy 12 years old! I ended up paying for the expenses of pizza and bowling but it was worth it.  The X chose to forgo his weekend with his son since he could not bring his "bedmate" to the party.  That to me, said a lot about this man's character, priority, and choices.


Usually, we don't celebrate birthdays of the kids together, unless the date fell in the X's court ordered time.  Since my little boy lives with me and all his school and sport friends live here, we always had his birthday where he lives.  Once in a blue moon, the X would pay for the expense of the birthday cake, but nothing else.

I really don't care for his being there or paying for anything.  If I could pull it together, I would.  Less headache! Less trouble! If I don't have to talk or deal with him, it's all worth it for me!  However, he is brain damaged and couldn't just be happy with his new found toy himself.  He forces everyone to welcome his "bedmate", and love her as though she is our "bedmate".


Now, I consider myself a very civilize person by meeting her, gave them my congratulation, and wished them both of luck, happiness, long lasting relationship, etc...All I've asked from her is not to tag along, and respect my son special time with his dad.  That would be only 2 days out of every 14 days, and she can have him for herself 12 consecutive days without any interference from us. 

She told me she understood, she doesn't want to be a mom, and she would also stop asking my son for hugs and kisses after I confronted her with this behavior.  I gave no indication that she could invade my personal space or share my children's events with me, as I won't force myself into their private celebration with my children. 

It seemed as if after spending two hours with the X and his bedmate, my effort was just useless, and it just rolled down the duck's back.

Thanks for being here!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to celebrate without her presence. It does make you wonder about his priorities, but then were they ever right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ex sounds like a PILL, a bitter one Mumsy. Glad you are rid of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate your story..

    Thanks for the comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can people be so thoughtless and clueless?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine how awful it must be to see her insinuating herself into your son's life. That's a tough situation to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asking him for hugs and kisses at that age is just awkward! I hope she can respect your wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog from the PYHO link list as I participate as well. :)

    Your X, from this one post sounds like his "bed partner" might be more important than his son. Obviously, that is just basing off this one post and I know nothing else about him and I hope that is not the case.

    If it is though, I would say you were dead on when saying he had messed up priorities.

    You seem like a very strong woman and I look forward to reading some more of your posts in hopes to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover