Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voices In My Head


In early June of this year, I received a phone call from my cousin, whom I was close with and worked with after my High School graduation.  She knew about my relationship with the "priest man" in the past. She told me that my so-called love has cancer, and was very serious.  I blew the news out of my head since really, it was so long ago, and didn't remember when the last time I thought of him was .

Three days later, this news hit me like a ton of bricks, literally! I couldn't function! I couldn't sit still! The urge of "do something" was so strong that I couldn't resist! It was odd, but I felt as if there was a spirit guiding me to make the connection.


Starting out with a simple Google search, I found his assigned parish, and the phone number.  Now you have to know that I'm a timid person, I don't make phone calls unless I absolutely had to. However, the voice in my head pushed me to make the call, though I didn't know what for, or what to say but I called the diocese, left a message, and also sent an email to him!

Then I went on with my day thinking that I either would get an email or hear from him. That was the end of that dilemma. I did my part, now it would be his turn, so I thought! By 3:30 that afternoon, the voice urged again, "Call now! If you don't make the call, you'll never make the call at all!"


He had just walked in when I called. The first few moments were awkward, and he didn't remember me or the summer that he had spent with us until I mentioned it.  We quickly exchanged our lives information in very few sentences.

We talked for about twenty minutes, and as the moment I hung up the phone, I also knew that this was it! We would not be hearing from each other ever again! Whatever I had to do that day was it, and I was done with this business once and for all...

I'm literally taking these memes Pour Your Heart Out to the max!

(Read this series at Heart Of a Woman..)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

10 comments:

  1. You are such a dear and compassionate woman...and I am so glad you were able to touch bases with your dear friend from years ago. I hope it eased your concerns about him and his illness and that you were able to brighten his day. You always brighten mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes those inner voices speak very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes those inner voices speak very clearly. It is so sad that you had compartmentalized him only to have the wound reopened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think you did the right thing by calling him since he was so ill. He didn't remember a lovely woman like you? Sad, but unsurprising - life is like that sometimes Mumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have had a hard time picking up the phone. I hate the phone. I'd rather email or text or anything else!

    I love reading of your journey.

    Thank you so much for your kind words on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our brain, intuition, psyche, whatever you call it often reaches out to us in a screaming voice, and sometimes just a whisper, but it is usually right.

    That was good, that you were able to say goodbye.

    come visit:
    http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-was-given-great-new-blog-award-i-love.html

    I have a surprise for you :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was very brave of you. Hopefully, this brings you the closure you need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that he is dealing with cancer. Hopefully your call was something that will help you with whatever hurts you may have had.
    Blessings & Aloha!
    I'm getting a chance to catch up on blog reading...if you get a chance to stop by my place, please do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first daisy photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to get it out of your system isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover