Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Last Straw

There were many things in my life that I didn't understand and starving/craving to understand, especially the way people treated me: my aunt, my brother, my sister, and the first love of my life. I didn't ask for it. I didn't deserve it! But then when was life fair to everyone? It happened only to the lucky and chosen few!

Destiny came knocking on my head when the phone rang way past midnight. Back in those days, there was no answering machine, so the phone would keep on ringing. I was up writing and thought that since my brother slept in the living room, right there by the phone, it would wake him up.




Considerately stupid of me, I went out of my room to answer the phone so it wouldn't disturb him! The call was not for me, but was the voice of a woman asking for him. I talked as soft as I could to tell her that my brother slept already, and it was late. Then as quiet as the mouse, I hung up, and walked down the hall to my room.

My hand had just touched the door knob when I heard the "swoosh" sound of the wind behind me. Instinctively I knew it was an object that flew at me, aiming at the back of my head! I quickly got behind the door, and realized that my brother had yanked out the phone and threw at me. I didn't know what to feel, but I knew what to do right there and then.



I stayed awake for the rest of the night with million thoughts running around in my head. I also wondered what if that phone hit my head and killed me, would he hate me less. I found no answers for any of my questions. I found no reasons or excuses for his behavior! I just had no feelings for him after that.

The next day after taking my nieces to school, I went to my bank and emptied it out. I called the airline and booked a one way ticket home to my parents. While waiting for the day of my departure, I didn't tell anyone, and continued to carry out his demand. I only told my nieces and D. that I was going home on the day of my schedule. It was a week before Christmas, 1981...

I'm literally taking these memes Pour Your Heart Out, and Walk Down Memory Lane to the max!

(Read this series at Heart Of a Woman..)




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

  1. Your stories, coming from such pain and sorrow, are truly sad. I just want to reach out through cyber space and give you the biggest hug. You are a child of God and you are loved dear Mumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of ups and downs, grief and pain. It is not easy, but you need to have the strength to face it and deal with. Seems some people just have more than their share. I trust you life is better and with your strength and faith, you will come out a winner. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would he throw the phone at you? So cruel. Am very happy to read you booked at ticket OUT of there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad but I have members of my family who are sort of like that in that we have been in altercations now that I am older I simply pray, walk away and try to let them know I love them but do not force love on them if they do not accept me then that is on them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine living in fear of a family member. I know what it's like to live in fear of a significant other, but not a family member. It just seems like it would be different to me.
    I'm glad you got yourself out of the situation though. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazes me how family members can be so cruel to each other. Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He truly needs anger management sessions!! How dreadful for you to go out of your way to be considerate and be rewarded with an attack!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great wisdom in leaving that day! just in time for Christmas! hope the next part of the story is happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness....i cant believe that..i felt your hurt as i was reading your post! I am so glad you made the decision to leave though because that could have been even a more horrible situation..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure looking back, it was clear as day that somethings in life we are not so confused about. It happened so that you could move on to the next chapter...enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover