Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Blanket Flowers

Orange Color Petals


I saw this blanket flower at a local park and just felt in love with these beautiful colors! It was certainly lighting up my world and although the flower was not in perfect shape, its colors made up for it.

Weathered Blanket Flower


This flower is perennial, and relate to sunflowers, daisies, and asters.  The blanket flower are native to central United States and Canada, but you can find it all over every States.  They are drought tolerant, and easy to grow.  Moreover, they are loved by butterflies!


Do you know that blank flowers also also called Indian flowers, and Firewheel flowers?  The flowers can grow up to 4 inches across with their big, long lasting bloom in tri-colors of orange, red, and yellow.

Blanket flowers like full sun, loose soil that drained well, and will grow on their own without much care.




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. Hi, Mumsy, It’s Genie here. I LOVE your flower. It’s just all of us...not perfect but still beautiful in our own ways. The way that one petal is broken makes it look REAL. The color combination is lovely. Good job. Hope you have a nice weekend and thanks ever so much for your visit to my Buttons blog.

    XOXOXO Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coloring is amazing and the fact that it is not perfect in shape makes it even more beautiful in my eyes. Thanks also for the information. They are beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. This is one of my favorite flowers. I live its resilience and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know tha we have these flowers in australia. They are lovely though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am no good in names, but these are very warm autumn colours,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this flower's defects add interest to the shot. The color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these multi-colored flowers. One of my favorites. Your shots capture them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower may not be perfect, but it's so very beautiful. I love the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a beautiful one. Usually they have more vivid yellow on the petals but this one has such a beautiful color.
    Lovely macros, thanks for sharing on Macro Flowers Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are very pretty. Nice captures. I love going to parks to find intresting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gaillardia are just happy looking flowers. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, this is soemthing I have never seen before. I like the center of the flower. And, as you, the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firewheel flowers! What a wonderful name for them! I agree with you that this one has an unusual, and attractive, colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are unusual but very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully colored petals and the light in these photos is wonderful Mumsy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those are so gorgeous! thanks for following me at Cammo Style Love! I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover