Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So We Parted

My sister and I had jobs at different stores, and both went to the same University! We synchronized our schedules so that we could share ride together. Our brother went back to his seminary, leaving us to live at HIS house for the time being.

We both wanted to move out on our own badly so we saved every penny we made for the deposit. In our spare times, we went to look for apartment with our new found friends at the University. The man I loved became less visible in my busy life, but always existed in my heart. I kept him there as the last beautiful memory of my teen years, and he had no idea the aftermath he had on me.


I treated all men with distrust, especially my college male friends, and just couldn't allow anyone to come close. I was guarded with a thick armor, and concentrated on making money! I wanted to be very busy, so I took on another part time job as a private tutor. The busier I was, the less time I had to drown on the pain of a sorrow love relationship. I didn't tell anybody about him, not even to my new closest friends. He wasn't worth it!

After the second month staying at his house, my sister and I finally moved out, in another city far away from him. We had nothing in our apartment, no beds, no couch, no dishes, no chairs, and no table! However, we were free and happy! We slept on the floor, rolling in blankets, and ate lots of frozen food dishes.


Since having two part-time jobs, and went to school at the same time, I could barely breathe! I saw him on occasions through our students group got together, and retreats, but we were then total strangers to one another. Our families also often celebrated Holidays together, but very few words were exchanged between us besides the common courtesy!

Through these unions, I saw his sad look darted at me when I was with other male friends, and I was weak at the knees, but it was his clear choice to follow his God's calling that kept me back. Life had to go on though! He had his own destiny, and I had mine! The summer of 1977 was left with just a faded memory in my heart and soul...

I'm literally taking these memes Pour Your Heart Out, and Walk Down Memory Lane to the max!

(Read this series at Heart Of a Woman..)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

15 comments:

  1. You where and still are such a hard worker, and so very focused on what needs to be done....sad ending though to the love story, well there will be more I am sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who hosts the pour your heart out blog hop? I participated once, I enjoyed it and haven't found the link since. I enjoy reading your blog although I don't comment each time I do.

    Carol-the gardener

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mumsy, this is so had; such a painful lesson you had to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having school work and jobs is a good thing when trying to get over a broken heart. The more you do, the less time you have to think about it. But the pain never goes away completely (at least not for me).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for reading!

    @Carol the gardener,

    Shell is hosted the Pour Your Heart Out meme..You can click on the link in my post and it will take you to her page! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this beautiful love story, so deeply buried in your heart.

    We have so much energy when we are young and can endure so much for accomplishing our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you didn't trust men. You were very strong though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like keeping busy is best. This was really intriguing, and so sad at the same time. It's hard to be around people you have feelings for when, for whatever reason, those feelings can't be expressed. Loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, such as life and bittersweet. I have to say rah-rah for your strength Mumsy. You're a hard working woman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were keeping busy to try to drown out the pain, I think. Another beautifully written part to your story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sad tale. He became a priest? The first guy that I thought I could marry broke up with me because he was Mennonite and I wasn't. It was hard but life has turned out well without him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep coming back to your links, and they leave me waiting for more each and every week, even when I don't comment. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved the part about the empty apartment with just you and your sister. sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading your story and although there are many sad and strong emotions during that time...hopefully, you have ones since that are full of peace and joy...

    Blessings & Aloha!
    You are blessed and talented at your story telling/ writing.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover