Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Poisonous Kisses

He came home, stood in front of me in flesh and blood, a man whom I had hold dearly with my pure love from the heart of a woman, but also now with a bleeding pain. We looked at each other not knowing what to say! Was there anything to say? Were there enough words to say after the eruption of love?

He didn't even remember it was my birthday; therefore, I spent my birthday alone in his room, with occasional tears! He was busy with his family filling them in about his experiences in New York. He was destined to be a priest! He was chosen from the above! I understood that! I accepted that! I didn't ask him once if it was something he wanted to do for the rest of his life. It was understood!


Somehow, somewhere in my subconscious, I knew that our relationship would never work out, and it was meant to be. Why me? Why did I have to get the short end of the stick? Why did I think that a short love like ours having any future? He continued with his road in the seminary, and that was a clear choice. I was too naive, too trusting, too hopeful, and busy dreaming of the impossible when he knew exactly what he wanted in life.

By Monday, we were left in his house alone while everyone else was at work. Nothing was discussed. I asked no questions! He offered no explanation! The stupid woman in me just accepted everything in silence. I had no back bones to ask for answers, any kind of answer!


I didn't remember how we both acted or what were said, but we both fell into a long awkward kiss a year after we parted. It was the kiss of poison! It was the kiss of death. It was the kiss to seal our destiny and our faith.

Tears quietly streamed out of my eyes as he held my face in his hands. I couldn't see his face, what he looked like, or his expressions, but we both felt it: a defined ending had come. A decision had reached! He said gently, "I don't want to make you sad anymore!" And all I wanted to do was to scream "I don't care" but nothing could come out of my throat.

I accepted...

I'm literally taking these memes Pour Your Heart Out, and Walk Down Memory Lane to the max!

(Read this series at Heart Of a Woman..)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

8 comments:

  1. Kisses should be passionate I believe. It should be memorable. And having a passionate and memorable kiss if always a welcome treat. But a poisonous kiss will always leave a sad memory to one's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why kiss you? To leave a lasting impression of what could never be? Was that fair? A taste of passion, hope and then good by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, the painful love that I thought was love, isn't love. I know what love is now. It's not about guessing what the other person thinks, you know. It's beautiful, and I hope one day you will have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopped by from Wednesday's Walk. I've had one the kisses you speak of...thankfully, life doesn't end with a goodbye. A goodbye is always followed by a better hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, you leave me wanting more of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loves we could never have were always so painful and so overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a painful yet beautiful memory. one i'm sure you will never forget...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really gifted when it comes to writing, expressing feelings and emotions through the words you write. I have not had a chance to stop by for a while...when i get more free blog reading time...I will have to catch up on some of your previous posts.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (Ah! trying to get around still to more Walk Down Memory Lane links!...and it is almost time for the next one! I would love if you get a chance to stop by mine :o)

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover