Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Korean Spice Viburnum


These little buds are called Korean Spice Viburnum! The plant sat among many other plants at the Home Depot parking lot, and it looked different. I was drawn to it by their tiny little pink buds.


They opened up into these beautiful little white flowers with the yellow hearts. The Korean Spice Viburnum blooms in clusters the size of a grape fruit, and they are used to decorate border or for woodland garden.

This shrub is ideal for small spaces of about 3-4 feet of planting area, and grows up 4-5 feet tall. The flowers have a sweet-smelling to them and the foliage turns bright scarlet in mid autumn.


The Korean Spice Viburnum prefers well-drained soil, with mildly acidic in full sun to partial shade. The berries are a favorite for birds in late September.

This post is linked to  Today Flowers!




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

15 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    Nice Viburnum you picked for today.
    I like your header picture too.
    Came to visit you through the Macro meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos. We've not seen this before.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. It's wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mumsy, I love these with the little buds. So fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very hardy plant and flower...pretty shots Mumsy. Have a great weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen it either but it is pretty and your photos are excellent.
    Thanks to photography, we discover new plants and flower every.
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blooms is very pretty on your shrub. Have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those tiny pink buds, too! And the flowers are so wonderful, too! Does it have a fragrance?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've seen this flower before but didn't know its name. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful!
    Happy new week Mumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely details of this shrub Mumsy. I didn't know they had berries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it from Korea or just a Korean name?

    ReplyDelete
  13. With a macro we can get details for even the tiniest buds. Yours are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so cute!! Never seen it before but those tiny blooms are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am not sure if I have seen this here in SD, looks pretty. wonder if the leaves can be used as spice?

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover