Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Heart-Talk Monday



I'm contemplating on self-publishing my Childhood Series, but as I looked over these 26 pieces, I realized that they did not complete the whole pictures. However, when relying on memories of more than 40 years ago, they were as close as I could remember.

I love the Alphabe-Thursday series, hosted by Jenny Matlock. I jumped into it without knowing what or where I would go, but it took on a life of its own. While many other bloggers opt for airy fun things, I went straight for the heart.

I have met many wonderful bloggers through this Alphabe-Thursday! Some have become faithful friends, and some have gone, but this is blogland and I don't expect anything at all. Thank you Jenny!

So, what do you think? Should I go ahead and start working on self-publishing my Childhood Series? Or should I wait for Godot to come knocking on my door and buy my story?

Have a great week everyone!

Thanks for being here!

8 comments:

  1. my suggestion is to do what feels right in your heart and gives you peace.

    PS...I am so glad we met through Jenny's alphabet meme! I was one of those that started out airy and fun but it took a life of it's own as each new letter took me to a deeper level of insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, mumsy, I really don't know. Maybe you could talk to others that have self published and see how they feel now that they've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say ask God that one. He'll tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Teresa on this one, but who is Godout? I've enjoyed reading the series very much and am sure others would too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would start writing the book and see where it takes you. You can always submit chapters to publishers and see if you have any takers. I love reading your writing and would read the book. In the world of blogs....100's that I come across....there are only a few that I really read every word. I am a scanner...even with books....but I read your childhood series blogs word for word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last comment was cute, sincere. I know a few bloggers have opt for ebooks. Depending on how much investment, if reasonable, you don't have much to lose. There are quite a lot of your pieces that have brought me to tears, so I say it is worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies, you are the best!

    Permanent Posies--You're so kind and I'm touched..

    Judy--"Waiting for Godot" is a book I had to read in college, written by Samuel Beckett!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I say go for it...don't wait for nothing, you have to go for it if that is what you want. ANd yes I too have had people come and go...that is OK, I have in my circle of blog friends exactly who I should...I have enjoyed your writings, and though NOT always fun and upbeat you have shared a story that I have never known or experienced hearing...and I have to say it touched me, I think you are an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover