Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Forbidden Love

Everyone has, at least, one great memory of love, and mine was back when I was a teenager at 18. We met in the summer of 1977. Neither one of us wanted to fall in love, and knew that it wouldn't work out since both sides of our families would against this union.

However, we continued our friendship, and gradually fell in love! We sneaked around for our rendezvous on Saturdays when both of us didn't have to work. It was a sinful affair even though we didn't do anything wrong. In Asian's culture, when the families didn't approve, the chance of a relationship was doomed.



On top of that, he was a seminarian from another State, and came to spend the summer with my brother. He was already 19, needing to find his way in life and testing out his calling. I was not supposed to be a part of his grand scheme, or maybe I was the test that he must get over. Whatever it was, we didn't defeat the temptation, and just plunged right into love.

My family suspected our involvement, but in front of people, we were as cold as ice to one another. We couldn't be together, we couldn't talk, we didn't dare to look at one another, and we pretended so well that they all thought we hated each other. It was an awful situation to live in, and for a first love it was not at all beautiful.



Throughout the entire time of our relationship, we learned to steal the smallest moment when we crossed paths. It was either a gentle touching of our fingers, or a quick kiss on the cheek, or his hand ran down my hair! We both didn't question how we felt for one another. We just loved, gave love and received love. We didn't even care how it would end when he had to go back to the seminary!

In two short months of our union, there were plenty of tears and laughter. There were memories of our outings that I cherished. There were moments that tore our hearts apart. We didn't dare to dream of the future or what it could be, or how we would live without one another.

Before the summer came to an end, he planned on making long road trip on the weekends to come and to see me. I lived on that hope! On the day I turned 19, he left for the seminary...

I'm literally taking these memes Pour Your Heart Out, and Walk Down Memory Lane to the max!

(Read this series at Heart Of a Woman..)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

9 comments:

  1. Everyone should have a love like that - full of passion without consequence. It makes one feel dangerous and alive.

    Your photos look like satin. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you continue this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for joining in today and sharing your story with us... will you continue the story next week? I hope so! nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how sweet is the memory of first love. Something you will always remember. Thank you for sharing such a special time from your life with us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We truly know we have a heart when it gets broken. Such a bittersweet feeling. It cause celebration and mourning all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A love shown through the tenderness of a brief touch or glance...

    Yes, I wonder of the outcome of your unfinished story.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a love story this is....such a fond memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am shedding tears of love here reading your words...first love I believe never dies...

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover