Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bees On Wild Aster

Little Bee On Wild White Aster

This wild aster grew in my yard before I hired a lawn mower to care for my grass. Though they were weeds, they produced this beautiful and fascinating flower. Last year, the color was white, and this year, they have a tint of lavender in them.

Enjoying Nectar

Since it bloomed early in May, it attracted many little baby bees. Sometimes, as you can see in the photo, there were two tiny bees sharing the same flower. The bees came in different colors also. These ones had a tint of red, while others were just yellow.

Mosaic of Bees On Wild Asters

When these bees were busy sucking their nectar or doing whatever, they didn't pay attention to me. I was left to take as many photos as my heart please.

This post is link to Camera Critters, and Today Flowers!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. Now that is a weed I would not mind:)! Pretty shots, so nice the bees let you take them. Mumsy if you get one minute today please go vote for me as much as you can in that time, today is the last day!!~ THANK YOU. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty flowers. Looks very summery! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy shooting photos of wildflowers and here in Texas we have an abundance of them. For my first post to MFS, I've done the Sunflower. Your post of the wild aster is just lovely with the bees adding such interest to the already great composition. Enjoyed my visit to your blog...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful macros Mumsy. You've captured those little bees very nicely and the asters are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I've also seen those tiny bees on some wild flowers. You have some neat shots of them and the asters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great shots of those bees. Wow! the flower is so cheerful and just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU for being here! Lovely flowers and busy little bees.

    Take care & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am proud to admit that I have one "flower bed" that is not a flower bed at all, but a bed of whimsical weeds that have such structure, color and scents...I cannot begin to imagine culling them out and planting new...

    So it has flourished over the years and is lovingly referred to as Museland :)

    Your sweet little find would fit right in! I wonder what it is? A daisy's cousin?...
    :) :)

    Thanks for your visit! Enjoyed having you read my work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pair! Flowers and Bees. You really can't have one without the other ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weeds and wildflowers are wonderful for attracting butterflies into your yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty flowers and great pictures!!
    No Bees - no flowers
    No flowers - no bees..
    Lovely shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very pretty flowers and great pictures!!
    No Bees - no flowers
    No flowers - no bees..
    Lovely shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great captures of the bees Mumsy. It's fun to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and a amazing!
    Have a great Mumsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice daisies but I think those insects are floe that camoflage themselves as bees. That is why they are so thin and have such odd shaped wings.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover