Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Caught Flying


One of my challenges is trying to take action pictures, such as the flying seagulls. Since my point and shoot camera only has up to 7 megapixels, it is quite hard capture these beautiful birds in action. when it is so far up above.


I think these pictures turned out decent enough, and I'm happy to have a few photos. I didn't want to push my luck standing underneath them too long, after I saw another photographer received a big splash on his face.

Mind you, I held my giggles and the "eek, eww" until I was back inside the car. It was quite a sight!

Enjoy other entries at Camera Critters, and Bird Photography Weekly!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures, M! You have a knack for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful shots...I love how the first one shows his wings down one way...then the opposite wings open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are spectacular action shots, Mumsy. Well done. I know what you mean about being under them for very long although it does mean good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured some lovely photos of the flying gull today. I was trying to capture the osprey in flight this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. I was the recipient of one of those "gifts" once when eating lunch at a park in NY. I had to raise back to work and try to wash my hair in the bathroom sink. Yuk, and I was only trying to eat, not take pictures. Maybe the bird thought I should share?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l photos. I love them!! You do have the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice captures of the gull in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a talented photographer and writer, indeed! How funny, and disgusting, that the other photographer got slimed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love in-flight photos and yours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have a talent for photography, Mumsy. I got one of them fancy cameras and I still struggle with photographing flying birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice in-flight shots Mumsy! I can't imagine getting "dropped on" from a gull and I think you were very kind to not laugh at something that must have been pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, your flight shots turned out very well! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great Mumsy. I recently caught a pelican in flight too. hopefully you will be able to catch it on my blog one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw geez, what a visual! I'm glad you didn't get the "christening".

    Birds in flight are like the holy grail for me. So difficult - yours are great!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover