Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pink Shrimp Plant


This pretty pink flower is called shrimp plant, and in honor of Pink Saturday's two years anniversary, I am uploading more pictures than normal just to show how beautiful these flowers are.


To my understanding, this is a tropical plant, growing inside a warm and humid environment. They come in deep red, white, and vibrant yellow also.


The flowers grow in clusters of five and three each. I am a bit bias when it comes to unusual flowers or plants. I think they are so very unique and special.


My internet is acting up lately, and my browser won't cooperate either. I took me forever to get this post up. For more information on these beautiful shrimp plant flowers, do a search and you will have more to read about them.

Check out other entries at Pink Saturday!

Thanks for being here!

16 comments:

  1. Vibrant and a pretty bloom!
    Happy Pink Saturday Mumsy. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is both lovely and new to me. The top mosaic is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen such a flower before.Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Mumsy! I love those shrimp plants, I love the colors, pink yellow and orange...I have to say though they never last long when I plant them, I just do not have the special touch....have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very beautiful and interesting flowers. I don't remember seeing them before.
    What a lovely pink-magenta color.
    Thanks for sharing these great photos and info on Macro Flowers Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my grandmother having these in profusion, she was a master gardener who taught me what I now know. So pretty. Such good memories. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...i love shrimp plant, i have the yellow one but it's not looking good indoor. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat. I've never seen these and they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mosaic is so lovely..this is a fabulous selection!! The colors are dreamy! Ya, I went and clicked publish when it was only supposed to be in the draft? I didn't have any link up but could do so? Anyway..love your series! Congrats too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty pink posies! :)

    Thanks for sharing, Mumsy! I hope your internet issues are resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and interesting flowers! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why they are called Scrimp plants :)
    Lovely pictures on the beutiful flower !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is new to me, shrimp huh? It looks like it or a lobster, both are delicious to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting looking plant - great collage you've put together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Colourful and very pretty! Very nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover