Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

P is For Plan

After my two best friends turned 16, they put together a plan to escape the orphanage! The abuse was too much for them to take both from home and from the orphanage. The only way out for them was to run away from these situations.

I was the baby of the three, and physically handicap. They worked out a plan to bring me along on this trip, and promised to take care of me. I had no doubt of their genuine love, so I agreed to go with them when the time was right. Of course, we worked days and nights on the details of our escape, or how to pass through the iron gate. This was the biggest problem for us!


Foods and water were not a big concern for us since we were used to be hungry. We had every intention to eat whatever we could find at the graveyards or temples, sin or not! As for clothing, we had no more than three outfits to our names, so light traveling was already included. We had very little personal belongings to worry about.

My friends were also very smart and had tugged away some beautiful embroidery handkerchiefs to sell for money at the market. They kept me in the dark about this for fear if I knew; I would be in trouble with my aunt.

We watched the gate every day, trying to figure out which would be the best way to get to the other side of it. The iron gate was twice the size of us in height, and there was a tight chain in the middle of it. My friends could easily climb over the top, and be gone, but that would leave me behind since there were no way that I could accomplish that challenge.


We had to find the right time to get to the gate and escaped without being spotted. A decision was made to meet at the gate around 4:00 o'clock in the morning of the darkest night, without the moon light. So we waited with our plan for over a month, and when the "eye-blink" exchanged, it was time to carry out.

We met at the gate on one of those darkest nights with a little bag of clothes in our hands. My girl friends climbed over the gate and was on the other side in no time. They then tried to stretch the chain to make a hole for me to squeeze through. They pulled and tugged in all directions and I was small enough to slip through the opening of the gate when suddenly some thing hit me in the head.

I froze in the middle of the gate looking at my friends' faces and their determination to save me. I couldn't get my head through. My body was out on the other side, but my big hard head was stuck. By now, all three of us was sweating bullets of tear, fear, frustration, and hopelessness...

Visit other entries at Jenny's blog, by clicking on the image below!


(Read my Childhood Series here!)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. oh my...a cliffhanger! Mumsy, that's so not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumsy you can't keep me hanging like that! What a story...WOW I want to hear the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M- How mean of you to leave us hanging like that! How skillful too! Your photos look like fabric this week -very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope this was when you escaped from that dreadful place. I will be waiting to hear what happens and hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, Mumsy, you get back here this instant and finish this story or I won't sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an incredible story. Please don't leave us hanging for too long! Thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the photos of my pride and joy. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am going to have to follow I am hooked thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be back. I must hear (read more) thank you for sharing. you write beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! What derring-do for little orphans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that was brave you guys actually went for it. I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mumsy. You come back here right this minute and tell us what happens next.

    I mean it.

    OK, that was my serious teacher voice.

    Holy moly. I hope you can continue this with the letter "Q".

    Thanks for a suspenseful stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "P"!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i am going to have a hard time waiting till next week for the conclusion ... i am praying it was a good ending

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mumsy, are you going to make us wait until next week?! We want to know what happens to you and your faithful friends; and want it to be something good (but fear it may not be; since, even on the run, your options would not be great - especially for girls your age).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, my heart skipped a beat for your and now, you little stinker, you're playing games with us. I will be back too.

    Til next week....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Q for quest, now finish the rest! I can't wait.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover