Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mourning



Part of me die when you leave
Half of my being curls up in balls
You follow the path to higher calling
And I was left dealing with sadness

I shut down and close up tight
Not knowing if I was alive
Love comes and goes like lightening flash
So confusing is the heart of men

I survive when your wishes fulfilled
Maybe now, I can rest my soul
Your promise was written to keep
Our entanglement stretched to eternity.

Part of me come alive as we talked
Thirty years later, we connect again
You are now occupied my heart
And I'm mourning the love of years past!


Thanks for being here!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. That was like mourning: the push and pull of what was and will never be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the repetition of "open" and "shut"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem Mumsy....your mind is so creative!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a heartfelt and personal poem. Thanks for sharing. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Images, rhythm, words evoking loss and sorrow. I'm glad for the dreams. I read this C S Lewis quote about love yesterday and as I read your poem it kept coming to mind....

    "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

    Thanks so for sharing your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the intensity and the flow, Mumsy! You have a lot of emotion from which to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Mumsy...Bravo. Your written prose elicited many feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yearning after a loss and grief like waves rushing back and forth. Beautifully expressed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully and emotionally written. I was drawn into it.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover