Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Watercress And Bean Sprout Stir Fry

During Lent season, my family eats more seafood than ever, and I am constantly trying to come up with easy dishes for those Fridays. I was home alone last weekend so no fussing kids over meal time to worry about.

I don't like to cook, but I do have to eat! Eating out too much gives me stomach ache, plus not very satisfying to my taste.


Gather Your Ingredients

  • 2 bunches of watercress, washed, and cut into halves
  • 2-3 handfuls of bean sprout, washed
  • 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
  • 20-25 medium shrimps, peeled
  • 1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced in strips for color
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cooking oil

Cooking Stages

In a deep pot, add about 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, chopped garlic, and shrimps on medium high heat until shrimps turn color. Then add in your red pepper, watercress, and season them with salt and pepper according to your taste. Cover with a lid for about five minute or until the watercress tender.

Add in your bean sprout and give it a thorough stir. By now, your shrimps should be cooked to perfection, and not overly done. Season it as you go!


Watercress can be mixed in salad and eating raw. They are an excellent source of vitamins B6, manganese, carotenes, fiber, iron, copper, calcium, B1, B2, and E.

Bean sprouts are inexpensive and contain a concentration of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.

Tips
  • Substitute watercress for spinach if you like
  • Bean sprout and watercress are very cheap
  • Substitute shrimp for beef, chicken, or pork if you are not fasting
  • Health benefits are amazing for these two vegetables
  • Financially affordable
Feast your eyes on other dishes at




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

  1. That is so healthy for you! It looks delish! I love the texture of waterchestnuts...I am the only one in the family that will eat them:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I miss watercress. I should locate some at my local Asian store to plant some this spring. Sweet potato greens are not the same :(. This dish looks very light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, We eat lots of watercress this time of year and I am trying to find a local stash of it so that I can plant it by our stream for our personal use. We always eat it raw never had it cooked so I must try this dish. Here is Pa Dutch country we eat it raw with Hot Bacon Dressing on it. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good dish to try Mumsy. I like the veggies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a healthy looking dish; thanks for sharing this... looks yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bean Sprout in my stir-fry, I cooked it slightly to keep the crispyness.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this looks so fresh! id love to try it on my own. probably tofu will be my substitute for shrimp. :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks healthy. I love the shrimps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good. I love shrimp and green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try making this one day, I think it's fresh and healthy just like the green papaya, so I linked this post to SS to go back to! :-) Have a wonderful weekend Mumsy.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover