Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

I Was Served

It was last Friday night, when my little boy decided to be creative, and served me dessert! I heard lots of noises in the kitchen while working on the computer, and out of the blue he brought me this dish of dessert.


Imagine my surprise and sheer joy! I made this jello earlier on in the day, put it in the refrigerator, and forgot about it. As always, I was just too busy writing my assignments or trying to catch up on my blog.


My little boy took out the melon cutter, worked carefully to create the ball shapes of this jello, picked out a cute bowl, and brought it to me! He was so proud of his creation and told me to take pictures. Of course, how could I say no to such a thoughtful act from a child?


Even though I had a different idea when I made this dessert, like adding fruits to it, but the simplicity of what my son created just took my breath away. His gesture gave that extra yum to this dessert, and I am grateful.

Tips--You can buy this package at Oriental market, follow the direction on it, and have a quick cooling dessert in less than an hour.

Feast your eyes on other dishes at


Thanks for being here!


18 comments:

  1. This is great! J is so creative, I have to borrow this idea. How fun to eat the agar in ball-shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond flavored jello! It sounds exotic. Like Rose Milk Jelly. I am used to just having cherry or lime or orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks yummy and very creative ...even those who doesn't eat jello can not resists this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without reading I assume it was scallops...lol Serve me right...:)) It looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet!!! and I love the presentation in that bowl. It looks like a flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was very thoughtful! My boy wants to make us pancakes this weekend....he just did in home ec class and was the only one to receive a perfect score! So he wants to impress us.....can you imagine what my kitchen is going to look like? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet of your boy to do that! I'm sure it tastes even better =)
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That kid deserves "another" hug. How thoughtful. Yum Yum
    I support this blog by being a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a dish I quite enjoyed while living in Hawaii. I hope I can find the package in a store around here. I will develop a yen for it when it gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute and adorable. What a sweet child you have. And he is so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, he's a chef in the making! That's artistry most kids would never dream of, much less do!

    And he loves his mom! Makes my heart go pitty pat!

    I love those dishes, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! Reminds me of when my little brother would make me "creations" which would usually involve peanut butter and, like, cheerios. But it was the sweet thought that counted and brought me so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed, I think you might be raising the next Food Network Star!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm!! Looks really good! I like your bowl! How sweet of him!=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those times when our children are creative and thoughtful (at the same time!) are to treasure! Thanks for sharing. He's right, it definitely deserved a picture and a post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of the sweetest Foodie Friday posts of all time. What a sweet present from a son to a mom!
    Thanks for sharing it with Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover