Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hopper on Flowers


I was pretty sure that these plants are called empire mixed flowers, but after looking it up online, I can't find any related pictures or information on them. Of course, these pictures were found in my archives, which were taken in the summer.

In the early warm months, we saw many of these little grasshoppers around our property. They were fascinating to observe, but also were very destructive in eating all our plant leaves. They seemed to stay on one flower, and made holes on the leaves before deciding to move on.

We are still in winter months, and spring is still so far away right now. Besides snow and barren trees, there are hardly any colors in sight.





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

  1. I wish I knew more about flowers myself! They are pretty regardless...is that a little grasshopper? So cute I love those lil guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, yes it was a baby grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is just around the corner. YEA. We have snow on the ground here with gray skies taboot. It is such a pleasure to see a bit of color on your blog.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the colorful flowers, getting tired of winter scenes. They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too see that little grasshopper. How adorable. These are great shots Mums. Thank for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice capture! So lucky to have the creature on your lense!!

    Anyway, I've chosen you as one of my favourite blog so I would be very happy if you could claim it here.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! I love the color coordination of your mosiac!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover