Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

G is for God and For Guardian Angels

How I love the letter G! Yes, G is for God, first and foremost! Without God I wouldn't be here today to write, to re-live, to record, and to Glorify his name.

Though my childhood was a series of unspeakable tortures, God looked after me, and sent me Guardian angels throughout those dark times. I didn't realize them then for I was just a child, but as I grew older, I had to acknowledge my Guardians' presence. They came in form of friends, strangers, and other kind-hearted adults.

My Guardian angels were rare and few, but they showed up in critical moments to save my life. Thus, I devoted this post to them from the bottom of my heart, and from a vague memory of them.


My three closest friends in boarding school/convent were my Guardian angels. They were there to wipe my tears, to fill my empty stomach, to make me smile, and to stand up to protect me whenever they could, as they were children themselves.

We had very little contact with each other, but from the distance I could feel their love, their sympathy, their understanding, and their pain. The bond between us was invisible. I only needed to see their eyes to feel better after the punishments, whatever they were or however terrible I had to endure!

Then there was another Guardian angel, who was prepared to become a nun herself. Her name, her whole name, I could still remember, and was in touch with for a short while. She used to make rice balls, hid them in her desk, sneaked a note in my hand telling me to eat, watched over me while I was sent to take a shower in the darkest of night by the well, and picked me up in her arms to run me to where I supposed to be so that I wouldn't get beat.


My last Guardian angel for this post is an American soldier. I don't remember how he came to notice me among hundreds of other children. I was invisible and was not allowed to socialize with anyone. Anyhow, this man actually saved my life when I was left to die with my sickness alone. (More on this later!)

He rampaged through the boarding rooms to find me, pushed my aunt aside, scooped me up, put me in his jeep, and ran to the Military hospital. If it wasn't for him, Captain Cook, to show up at that exact moment to save me, I would have been with God already. I believe he was in fact my Guardian angel!

What about you? Do you believe in Guardian angel?

Check out other entries at Jenny's blog!



(View my Childhood Series here!)





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

23 comments:

  1. Wow, Mumsy. No child should ever have to go through those traumatic experiences and excruciating pain (both physical and emotional) Yes, indeed, God did send you his Guardian Angels. God loves you and so do I. Take care, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to hear the rest of this story. Again, I am glad you can see God's handprints on your life and for those caring ones whom he placed in your path. I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mumsy, how wonderful that you can recognize grace among the pain and torture of your childhood. Thank God for His grace and your guardian angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be writing a memoir rather than a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mumsy! Great post...and you bet I believe in Guardian angels, I have a few myself! I tell my boys all the time they have one on their shoulder!!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like to, should you be so inclined, to hear an expanded version of your story. I believe in earthly guardian angels and heavenly guardian angels. Once I had a dream that I had several guardian angels watching over me. I woke up from that dream very comforted that indeed we are being watched over. Loved your post. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too would like to, should you be so inclined, to hear an expanded version of your story. I believe in earthly guardian angels and heavenly guardian angels. Once I had a dream that I had several guardian angels watching over me. I woke up from that dream very comforted that indeed we are being watched over. Loved your post. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post about your guardian angels. I do believe in them definitely.I am glad they found you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mumsy, while my heart breaks for the memories of your torturous childhood, I was heartened by this post!

    God does send out the troops, doesn't he? I have my share. I call them my team.

    Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't belive in God anymore, not gaurdian angels. But I do believe in good existing in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you had a guardian angel when you needed one :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's wonderful to know that someone is watching over us, and your guardians are definitely angels

    thank for your visit to my alpahbe-thursday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mumsy, I do believe in guardian angels, and I think that you are the living proof of them. I'm also so glad that rather than becoming bitter about the horrific childhood you suffered, you choose to be grateful to those who helped you. I would love the hear the story of the soldier. A hero as well as a guardian angel. Thanks for your visit, and I'll try to bring back lots of happy pictures. Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe in Guardian Angels and, of course, God sent them to you when you needed them the most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mumsy. Oh sweet lady. I do believe in G uardian Angels very much. And I will not take away from your story with tales of mine.

    We will go through the Alphabet as many times as it takes for you to tell your tale.

    You are a survivor.

    And I treasure each word you share.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mumsy ... i absolutely believe in guardian angels ... they are with us even when we dont see them. I am so glad that you have had guardian angels to help you through a most horrible childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so grateful that you had these Guardian Angels in your life when you needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do believe in them and I am so glad that you had some in your life...i wish I couldve been one of them for you...gods grace was with you, that I know.......

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mumsy, a moving story and I love the part about the American soldier. What a hero, as such I only read in fictional books, until now. It's inspirational to know someone actually experienced one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You picked the best G's. I am so glad you had someone during your horrible times.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I do believe special people are put in our lives for a reason. I'm glad those people were there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thank God for your Guardian Angels and for mine.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover