Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Seafood Noodles Soup

My favorite thing to do after I went out to eat is to re-create the dish, especially if I like the food. I order this bowl of noodle soup on a cold day and after a long trip carrying out errands. It hit the spot just right, it was light enough to fill me, and simple to re-make.


Gather Your Ingredients to Make The Broth

  • 2 pieces of chicken breasts or chicken bones, or pork neck bones
  • 3 stalks of celery
  • 1 large onion
  • 3 large carrots
Put all the ingredients above in a big pot of water, season your broth with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until your chicken is cooked. Take chicken pieces out, and shred them.


Gather Your Ingredients
  • Lemon/lime wedges
  • Bean sprout, washed
  • Fresh chive or green onion part, cut in 1 inch long
  • 1/2 pound of baby cuttlefish. Cleaned and sliced in 1/2 thick across the body
  • 15 medium raw shrimps. Shelved and cleaned
  • Rice noodle, and egg noodle. Cooked according to direction
  • 1 small onion. Chopped into small pieces and browned in a small pot
Add a teaspoon of cooking oil in a small pot, and brown your onion pieces. Spoon them out into a small bowl and set aside. Stir fry your shrimps and cuttlefish pieces in the same pot for about 15 minutes or until seafood are cooked. Don't forget to season them.


In a serving bowl, put the rice noodle on one side, and the egg noodle on the other side. Sprinkle some cooked brown onion, add green onion part or chive, then top with shredded chicken pieces, shrimp and cuttlefish.

Pour the broth over your noodle bowl, and serve with bean sprout, and squeeze of lemon/lime pieces.


Tips
  • For lent, I only use vegetables to make the broth
  • If you don't have egg noodle, rice noodle alone is just fine too
  • Substitute seafood for thinly slice beef, or chicken pieces

Feast your eyes on other dishes at




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

10 comments:

  1. oH THAT LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN IN A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumsy that looks delish!~ Pretty simple too. I have a funny story about my parenting skills I would love for you to read!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nagutom ako sa post mo, good thing meron akong chicken mami ingridients na nakaready sa fridge :)
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so healthy yet I be it is delicious! Nice share! Happy Food Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so easy, healthy and yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to go on recreate-a-recipe quests, too. This one looks like a winner!
    Gollum

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very light. I might try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i feel like cooking one myself; looks yummy and easy to do :-); thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love 'em myself!My family will wallop it in no time!Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover