Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Curry Beef Stew

I only have to cook for two people in my family, and my little boy is a picky eater. I confess to only cook about two or three times a week, since one of my meal is served as left over for the next day.

Yes, we live on a budget just like everybody else, and cooking at home is the best way to stay in control of my finance.


Gather Your Ingredients

  • 1 package of cut up beef stew, cost about $4-$5 dollars
  • 1 loaf of french bread
  • A handful of baby carrots
  • 2-3 celery stalks
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 2 stalk of green onion
  • 1 small can of coconut milk
  • 3-4 Tablespoons of mild curry powder


Cooking Your Stew

Fill a large pot with water, and combine yellow onion, celery, beef cubes, and carrots to simmer them out. Season it with salt and pepper. When the beef is tendered, add in curry powder and coconut milk. The broth should be a bit thickening after another 15 minutes. Discard celery and yellow onion as they are used for broth.

Sprinkle chopped green onion on top of your stew and serve with French bread.

Tips
  • Add chopped sweet potatoes or potatoes for a heartier meal
  • Toast up your bread for crunch to dip in the stew

Feast your eyes on other dishes at

Thanks for being here!


12 comments:

  1. Delish!!~ My husband makes a chicken curry very similar...he adds parsnips....oh so good! Have a great weekend!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but delicious! A common dish in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love curry but have not had it in a while. I usually have it while dining out but this recipe sounds easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! and yes, home cooke meals is one of the best way to beat the financial crisis at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is making me drool though i just ate dinner and is pretty full...hubby is very good in cooking curry...try ko tong recipe mo, thanks for sharing :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef stew is always a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised by the coconut milk but it sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm, it's been a long time since I made some. I think it's time to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUmmm! I would like some now please. I haven't try to make these - my sister can do them pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful new twist for us to the beef roast. I will have to try it.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing! I'm really gonna have to try this one! I really like your yellow bowl that you have your stew in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made roast beef last night--the same old, same old braised method--and we're having roast beef sandwiches tonight. I love having different ways to cook this beloved standby and will love trying your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover