Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chicory For Sunday

For those that live in the cold weather, the photos below were from the summer. We still have snow on the ground, although it is melting fast with occasional sunny days. Yes, it is still cold for us here too, but spring is in the air.


In the summer, I found these chicory flowers growing around our front yard. They grew by the roadside, and at the corner of our house. The first time I saw them, I was intrigued by its color, light blue or lavender depending on the sun light at the moment, and its delicate looking petals.


Since these chicory flowers grew close to the roadside, I have made a fool out of myself trying to take their pictures. My neighbors watched me leaning this way and that, including some acrobat poses that sure made me looked like a crazy person.


I love the photo above. The sun shined on it just perfectly to create some shadows on the petals, and also on the grass beneath. Now, only if spring is hurrying up to come back, so I can visit my wild chicory flowers once again.



Visit other entries below!



Thanks for being here!



14 comments:

  1. I adore you at this very moment! Truth be told, my favorite flowers are Lily, Daffodil, Black-eye Susans, Chicory and then Queen Anne's Lace!

    That periwinkle color? I call it Power Periwinkle. When I wear it, I channel, chicory's special powers and become magical.

    And I'm not even kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there isn't anything better than flowers and their shadows! these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    That's a beautiful flower! I'll agree, I like the last too. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Sherrie's Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mums, that is one awesome looking flower. I also like the passion flower as well. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and happy SSS to you. Your flower/shadow shots are beautiful---never heard of chicory flower before. Today in Phoenix we have rain...for a change. I like it.:<)

    Hope it's okay, I've signed on as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What absolutely gorgeous flowers and shadows! Exquisite! Love the colors! And the delicate shadows that flowers make are the very best! And the colors of this one is so very lovely! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, love the colors. Here in New Orleans, we put chicory in our coffee. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful Blues...they are so rare...those blue shades...
    How lucky you were to find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never heard of this flower, but the shade of blue is very pretty! I like that different regions have different gardening....however I stink no matter what the region. Thanks for your feedback on my blog, I appreciate your opinion very much!~:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda escolha!
    São muito delicadas!
    Um beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love chicory. Thanks for warming me up with these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how sweet! I don't think I've seen chicory flowers before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful...gorgeous series..love it!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover