Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gorgeous Flower Among the Grass

Update--These flowers are known as Deptford Pink, or Dianthus armeria, and sometimes are known as Grass Pink, and came from Europe!


I spotted these beautiful and delicate looking pink flowers in the grass of my front yard. They were so tiny that I almost missed them completely. The only reason I saw them was because they grew near the chicory flowers.


Nothing makes me feel better than discovering wild flowers around my home. Some may think of them as weed, but to me they are a gift from heaven. These tiny pink flowers took my breath away when I first glanced at them, and how they were so radiant under the sun.


Oh you should have seen the acrobatic positions that I put my body through just to try my best to capture the beauty of this flower. I would have missed this pink flower completely if I didn't pay attention since it was the size of a dime.


I am so looking forward to the summer to see if these pink flowers come back. I knew I didn't plant it, and I knew my neighbors didn't either. They grew on the patch of grass by the road side. Anyone has any idea what is the name of these flowers?

Craving for more pink photos, click here!





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

18 comments:

  1. Hi again. Love your pictures of the flowers. I guess I will be your first Pink comment this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Mumsy...I am loving your attitude in this post. Sometimes we're so wrapped up in our "big issues" that we forget to take the time to appreciate the small things, which truly are "gifts from heaven". Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see flowers, and at least know there are flowers somewhere.... we have two feet of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what these are, but they are beautiful! I love wildflowers, and can't wait until spring. With all the rain, our roadside displays should be breathtaking. Thanks Lady Bird! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pink...Do hope you will stop over at my place for a visit...
    Happy Pink Saturday
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Pinks. Happy Pink Saturday. Please don't forget to visit me. It is your only chance to enter my giveaway.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wild flowers, and luckily we have many, too. Great photo!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blooms!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am very much looking forward to Summer! Thanks for sharing the beauty!

    Happy Pink Saturday,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and yep a gift..weeds are a chance to shift our thinking.....

    HPS! Mumsy!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the Chicagoland area it has been gray, then the next day gray and yes gray again. It is just so wonderful to see your lovely Pink flower posted today.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pik Saturdaya, Mumsy! Love those darling little flowers! Such a wonderful discovery! Love those unexpected surprises Mother Nature puts in our gardens!

    My Pink Saturday post went up late today! Grrr one day I'll master that dang scheduler! ha! Hope you get a chance to visit me!

    Have a lovely Pink weekend!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mumsy~ thank you again for your sweet comments! I totally agree about wildflowers...love 'em! Not weeds by far! Enjoy your PS!
    xo
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Pink Saturday. You must live where it is warm - you have given me hope that Spring will soon be here ! I have enjoyed visiting your lovely blog. I hope you have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some wild flowers are just as pretty or if not more so than the ones we struggle to plant and get to live. I am with you, ready for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have no idea what that flower is called, but it's pretty and hopefully will be back before too long. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such sweet little beauties.
    We have these little wild flowers here too! My guess is that they will return this year. They might be called: Grass Pink

    lovely to see them in your post.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover